Death

Death never enjoyed seeing a child. It wasn't that he hated children; quite the contrary. Death loved all his children, and desperately wanted to see them only after they had lived completely.

However, Harry Potter was fourteen, and dead.

As Harry looked around confused, Death watched, as he did with all his children.

He looked so small, so fragile, so innocent. Death was angry.

"Child, come here." Death told, opening his arms.

Harry stumbled forward, gasping in surprise. "Who are you? You look like a Dementor!"

Death chuckled, "Ah, the black cloak does confuse Magic's children. I am Death, dear Harry."

"Death?"

"Death. I admit, Life was quite upset, having to let you go so soon. But, we cannot all have our way, can we?"

Harry shook his head. "So I'm...dead? I didn't beat him?"

Death patted Harry's head, his bony hand making Harry flinch in surprise. "You never had a chance, my child. Voldemort has his ways of remaining alive. He is no mere mortal such as you."

Harry's wrapped his arms around himself. "D-Death, where are we?"

"This, Harry, is the place between life and death."

"It looks like a cleaner King's Cross."

"That it does!" Death laughed, a creaky sound, "Shall we board this train, and continue On?"

"On?"

"On to the Afterlife, of course. I know a few parents that have been waiting for you..."

And so Harry went, On.

"You had to take him so soon, didn't you?" Life asked, watching Lily Potter hug her child.

"You know it as well as I, Life. He was just a child, he never had a chance."

Magic sniffled. "I helped him as best I could."

"You did, but again. He never had a chance. I am not a fairytale." Life said, her yellow aura shining brightly.

"You are not," Death said softly. "I am just as saddened as you are. My only wish is for it to have been less painful."

Magic embraced him with her mist. "But look, Death, Life. Look how happy they are to be reunited."

The small family was rejoining, finally together again.

Magic, Life, and Death sighed. Harry Potter was young, and his life so tragic, but he was happy again.