Chapter 2: Monsters, Goats, and Ahhh!

Lilith Holler thought she would throw up. Kevin had taken a car from the parking lot and was now driving off to somewhere. His driving was bad and was giving her a head ache. "Can you please tell me what is going on?" Lilith asked him.

"I can't." He replied with his eyes still on the road. "It's best that you're told there."

"Told where?" she asked.

"A place where you will be safe."

Lilith gave up after that. She just sat in the car and tried not to get sick.

They had just entered the state of New York. They had been in the car for almost a full two hour or so. Lilith was still trying not to get sick from Kevin's awful driving. They hadn't stopped the whole time they were in the car. Lilith let out a groan. Kevin turned to look at her.

"You okay?" He asked, his voice full of concern.

"I feel sick. Probably from your bad driving."

"Sorry about it but we're almost there. I promise."

Lilith nodded. Not feeling able to do anything else. She turned to look out the window to take her mind off everything. She wondered how her step-brother would feel when he couldn't find her. How her dad would react when he learned that she was gone. That made her feel worse. "What's going to happen to my folks?" Lilith asked Kevin. "They will be worried sick when I don't come home."

"I don't know you'll have to talk to-" Suddenly something landed on the roof of the car. "No, they found us."

"Who found us Kevin?"  Lilith asked him.

"A monster." He replied trying to keep the care steady. "Do you know how to drive?"

Lilith nodded. "Yes, but I don't have a lisence. But what dose that have to do with-"

"Great!" Kevin then started to take off his  pants. The car swerved off towards another car. Lilith grabbed the wheel. Kevin had finished taking off his pants to revile legs of a goat. He then climed out of the car door window. Lilith tried her best to keep the car steady. She even managed to get her seat-belt off to get to the driver's seat.

As she was driving suddenly something was in the way of the car to drive. Lilith slammed on the brakes but she hit whatever it was. The monster and Kevin flew off the top of the car. The monster had the head of a human, body of a lion, and a tail of poisonous spines.  A manticore. Kevin got up off the ground. The car was totally destroyed. Lilith got out of the car and could now see what she had hit.

It had been a Harpy by the looks of it. Lilith backed away and ran over towards Kevin. He looked shaken but other then that he didn't seem to be hurt. Kevin had a set of pipes around his neck. "What now?" she asked him.

"Well we could run or stay and fight those two." Kevin replied.

"I say for now we fight." Lilith told him. She knew they wouldn't be able to do much but at least she would be able to hit something.

Kevin was on his two hooves. When they got out of this Lilith made a mental note to ask him about that.  The monsters were starting to get up. She looked around for something to fight with. She grabbed some wreckage and grabbed that.

The harpy charged at her. She waited until she could hit her and hit her in the head. The harpy stumbled back and then charged at her again. Lilith did the same thing but this time the monster stopped it and threw it away. She started to throw things at the monster, which did little, until she ran out of things to throw. The harpy charged at her and then sudenly she found herself leaping into the air. She kicked the harpy over the ramp and the filthy monster fell down onto another car. Lilith landed on her feet and then backed up and over towards Kevin. She got to his side. She didn't know what to do but the Harpy and the manticore were closing in. "Kevin!" she shouted. "What do we do?"

Before Kevin could answer her question Lilith felt pain in her leg. She looked down. There was a gash of blood that looked like a cut. It had been the manticore some how Lilith knew that much. "Ow!"

Kevin looked over at her still playing the pipes around her neck. He went pale at the sight of it and stopped playing the pipes. "Come on let's go." He said grabbing her hand and started to pull her along. Lilith ran along with him, her leg still in pain. "We're close to camp now." Kevin told her.

She nodded but didn't really catch what he said. The cut was getting painfuller for her to run on, much less stand on. But she didn't tell that to Kevin. The last thing he needed to worry about was a cut that was causing her pain. What he need to focus on was getting them to this camp. She could see a hill coming into view. There was something written on it in what looked like Ancient Greek.

"Camp Halfblood." she read out loud.

Kevin nodded. "We're almost there." He said and the glanced at the cut she had on her leg. "Oh no." she heard him whisper. Lilith looked down at the leg as they went up the hill. The cut had turned a nasty shade of green. And on top of that she was feeling faint. She could here the sound of the manticore roaring behind them.

Lilith quickend her past, with Kevin fast behind her. She went under the arch of the gate. There a few people were waiting for them. One was a centaur and the other was a girl with blond hair in battle armor. "Is this her?" The blond girl asked Kevin.

Kevin nodded as Lilith slumped down to the ground, the pain fuzzing her vison. The centaur looked down at her. "What happened to her?"

"Harpy and manticore attacked us on our way here." Kevin explained, "She got rid of the harpy but the manticore got her."

The centaur nodded and with out saying a word moved down towards her. He put a hand on her shoulder. It was warm and made her feel at peace. "Sleep my child, you need to rest." And with that Lilith found herself closing her eyes and falling asleep.