Chapter 4: The Hecate Cabin

Lilith woke up the next morning in the bunk of her new cabin. The cabin was mostly empty it only had her, Lou Ellen, and two other kids. They were all getting ready for some sort of training. "Nice to see you up." Lou Ellen said.

"What we getting ready for?" She asked as she got out of bed to get dressed. As she did she saw someone seemed troubled.

"Fighting lessons." One of her half-brothers said.

"Oh I don't have a sword."

"Don't worry we can find you a weapon when we get there." Lou Ellen promised her.

"Thanks." She said and put on a smile. "What's up with him?" she whispered to Lou Ellen.

"Demigods have troubling dreams. They can be nothing but sometimes they're important. You should get changed." With that Lilith headed towards the bathroom to go change into new clothes that she had gotten. How she had no idea but she didn't really want to know.

"Alright Hecate Cabin gather around." A guy who was in charge said. He had full armor on so she couldn't see his face. "You all have your weapons right?"

"All but Lilith. She has no weapon."

"That's alright she's new here and it can be hard to fight the right weapon." The boy said. "But I can always find the right weapon."

"Thanks  Harris." Lou Ellen told him.

Lilith followed Harris over towards the armory. He pulled back the door and went inside. Once she followed him inside Harris took off his helmet. He revealed his blond hair, which now consisted of helmet hair. But she wasn't interested in his looks. No she was interested in the armor. There were breastplates, swords, daggers, helmets, shields, and much more.

"Wow there are a lot of weapons here." She remarked.

"Yeah we have a lot of them." He remarked. He grabbed a sword and handed her it. She drooped it right away.

"Nope." He looked around more and then he held up a sword that was shorter than a lot of swords. He handed her it. She could hold it. "Try it." he told her after a moment.

She swung the sword in front of her but it threw her off balance. Harris shook his head and then looked at a dagger. He stopped and stared at it hard. He grabbed it from off the rack and held in it his hand for a bit. After a while he handed it to her. "How about this."

The blade felt perfectly balanced in Lilith's hand. "she moved it about for a bit. "I think I like this blade."

"Interesting." he muttered.

"Why?"

"That blade it's called κίνδυνος which means danger in ancient Greek." He explained. "That blade has done a lot of bad things but not as bad as some swords."

"Should we get back to training?" she asked not wanting to know the things it had done.

"yeah you're right we should get back to training."

They headed back to the group but not before she got a breastplate and Harris put his helmet back on. Lilith was nervous about how she was going to do but once she started fighting Lou Ellen she felt more comfortable. She was able to learn how to fight close range and how to stop swords with her blade. She found that if she had not choice or another weapon she could throw at her enemies. It wasn't a bad idea if worse came to worse.

When training was finally over she took off the breastplate. It was great and all but it wasn't made for her. But what she did wonder what she could do with her dagger. She wanted to have it with her but just carrying it with her wouldn't work. Lilith flip it in the air. as it came to the ground it turned into a small gem.

Next they had flying lessons. This seemed interesting because instead of horses they would be riding Pegasei. Lilith mounted a brown pegasus named Weather. The teacher was Butch, a kid of Iris. She enjoyed every moment of it. She got really good near the end of the lesson. Even Butch seemed pleased with her. She was sad when the lesson was over but the good news was that she could come on her own if she wanted.

Since the cabin didn't have much to do at the moment Lilith decided to explore around the camp. She was sure she could make it around camp with out getting lost. She headed towards the direction of the dinning pavilion. It would be empty for now. However it was not. There was a person there just sitting there. Lilith walked over to her. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I just like to watch what's going on at camp half blood." the person replied.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Hestia, goddess of the hearth."

"What are you doing here? Why are you not on Olympus with the other gods?"

"I like to meet our future heroes. Besides no one here really knows me." The goddess let out a small laugh. "Well at least me in this from."

"I see." Lilith said not sure how to reply to that.

"I see you seem to specialize more with fire then most children of Hecate." Hestia remarked. "That's no surprise."

"Why is that?"

"It's best that I let someone else explain it to you." She pulled something off her neck and handed it to her. "Keep this safe something tells me you'll need it."

And with a blink of an eye the goddess of the hearth was gone. Lilith looked down at what was in her hand. It was a key on a neckless. Lilith put it on her neck and it fell in between her jacket. You'll need it. The goddess had said but for what? Lilith didn't like the sound of that, but she had to admit that it was an interesting conversation.

She was just about to head back to were the Hecate Cabin is at when she saw more people coming up towards the dinning pavilion. It was dinner time. Lilith made way for people to get through and waited until she saw her cabin. She followed after them since she didn't know where they sat. they sat at a corner of the room. Once everyone had settled down people could go get food and eat, after they gave the gods some of the food.

Lilith started to sit down and eat when Kevin came over to them. "Hey Lilith," he said sliding into one of the benches. "How are things at camp?"

"There great!" she told him, "We got to ride pegusi, and do sword fighting."

"Glade to see you're settling in okay."

"yeah, I just miss my folks back in Michigan." she admitted.

"You don't have to stay year round." Lou Ellen explained, "you just have to stay long enough to get some training."

"How long is that going to take?"

Before her half-sister could answer her question. Chiron got up to make another announcement. "Sorry for interrupting your dinner," he apologized, "but I have a few announcements to make." The campers let out a grown. "This will only take a moment. We would like to remind you all that you still need to organize your cabins and keep them clean. And also tomorrow night we will be having a game of capture the flag since many have fall brake now and will be able to join us."

Cheers among the campers covered what ever Chiron was going to say. After a moment he just gave up. "Why is everyone excited?" Lilith asked as the noise got lower.

"It's a good way to get training done." Lou Ellen said. "You'll learn to enjoy it."

"Hermes cabin and Athena cabin will be team captains. Cabin Counselors of those cabins come see me."

Annabeth made her way to the table closely followed by the Stoll brothers. The Hecate Cabin finished eating their food and after putting them  on a table for them to be washed by the cleaning harpies the head back to their cabin to get some sleep for tomorrow.