Miracle

"It's a new day Tiffany Benson, time to wake up!" the sound of her voice in her alarm repeatedly sounded. Tiffany opened her eyes and smiled. It is not just a new day for her. She remembered when her father was called to make a speech for their company's anniversary last night. Her father squeezed her hand before he headed to the stage. 

"Tonight, the Grand Beatrice Company celebrates its fiftieth year of serving the people, bringing to them a home away from home, and celebrating with them special occasions. The hotels and restaurants managed and owned by the Grand Beatrice Company not only bring satisfaction to the people, but it has changed the way hotels and restaurants treated costumers. This company which was started by my grandfather will continue to grow and will soon be passed on to my daughter," Tiffany's father looked at her proudly. 

"And in order for us to reach more people, the Grand Beatrice Company has decided to strengthen its partnership with the Aim First Advertising Company," Tiffany's father stretched his arms to introduce the President of the Aim First Advertising Company.  

Tiffany turned to look and saw the most beautiful creature in the world. He was gorgeous in his well-fitted black suit. And his smile, it was so magical that Tiffany dropped her mouth open. She went back to her senses when his eyes meet hers. It was not very romantic because his look was teasing her, as if he was saying, "Hey, I caught you watching me." 

"Before I continue, I would like to request my daughter to join me on stage" Tiffany's father continued. Tiffany obliged herself and gracefully stood and marched towards the stage. "I would also like to request the Fulton's to be on stage also," Tiffany's father looked at the president of the Aim First Company and his family. 

Did she hear her father right? Is she going to be on the same stage as Mike Fulton? Tiffany's heart beats faster, faster than the one when Mike first entered her class back in seventh grade. Tiffany tried to keep calm as she smiled at the crowd while she saw at the side of her eyes that Mike and his parents have already climbed the stairs. 

"Ladies and gentlemen," her father continued, "signing the contract for the partnership is just the icing of the whole thing because as parents, we are proud to announce that our children are officially engaged." 

What?! Tiffany could not believe what she had heard. She looked at Mike who casually smiled at the crowd. Her father moved to the other side giving Mike room to be near her for the picture taking.  

The crowd requested for the couple to kiss but Mike was quick to answer, "We prefer to show our public kiss on the day of our wedding,"  he said as he wrapped his right arm on Tiffany's waist. 

Tiffany sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. What happened last night was so enthralling; she could not even identify which is reality from fantasy. She finished her makeup and smiled at her reflection saying, "Good morning future Mrs. Fulton." 

*** ------*** 

"I thought you'll never come, your coach has been looking for you," Sasha was a bit annoyed while looking at her watch. 

"I am sorry," Tiffany approached and kissed her on her cheeks. 

"Did you wake up late because you can't sleep after what happened last night?" Sasha followed her. 

"Of course not," Tiffany smiled dreamingly, "I just do not know what to wear that's all."  

"Why bother?" Sasha mumbled. 

"Didn't you realize, Sasha? Today is the first day when Mike will march in the campus with me as his fiancé!" Tiffany became excited. 

"Oh that?" Sasha walked blatantly.