No Air

To beeyotch... I love your stories.  Thanks for the inspiration. :)

______-_____________-________________-_________________

Tiffany took off her sweater, placed it on the floor and lied down on it.  She closed her eyes and felt the warm breeze on her skin.  Sasha sat next to her and sighed, "How long would you allow Mike to hurt you?"

"Tiff, Mike already made a choice," Sasha reminded her about the day she lost Mike to Rish...

"Thank you for making me realize that love is about accepting a person despite her imperfection," Mike told Tiffany and then turned his back to face Rish.

"M-Mike?" Rish was astonished.

"You heard it," Mike moved closer to her.

"Come on! Stop pretending that you love her.  I know you are just doing this to piss me off!" Tiffany blurted.

"You know you are right," Mike looked at Tiffany, "At first, I just wanted to piss you off but you went overboard," he turned to Rish, "But I hope this will let you know that I am not pretending," Mike kissed Rish.

Tiffany's jaw dropped.  She could not believe what she saw but for no reason, her knees suddenly felt weak and she fell on the floor, unconscious.

"Remember?" Sasha faced her, "You fell unconscious but Mike never cared. He never even bothered to look at you," she sighed. 

Tiffany looked away.

"Tiff, look at yourself.  You used to wear your head high, but that day," Sasha paused to think of a better way of saying things, "Tiff, that day you became the bitch and Rish became the damsel in distress so Mike chose her.  Is this the reason why you allowed this?  Do you think time will come for Mike to pity you so he would choose you?"

"They never chose me," Tiffany said softly.

"Then what are you doing to yourself?" Sasha asked, "This won't do anything good."

"I just want to be loved," Tiffany said, "I cannot understand why I am not always chosen by the people I love," she continued.  She remembered the day her mother left them.  She was five; she was crying at the door steps; she begged for her mother to stay.

The story of her family was not a secret in the city.  It was a huge scandal for her mother, a famous artist and singer who fell in love with another celebrity, eventually got pregnant and eloped.  Her father is willing to take the child as his but her mother chose to leave them and went abroad with her new guy. Tiffany's father was devastated that he spent most of his time at work leaving Tiffany feeling so abandoned.  To compensate with the lost, Tiffany's father would give anything that she asked for, so she will stop longing for her mother.

"Hey, the coach is looking for you," Jason came to the girls.

"Talk to your friend," Sasha told Jason while pointing at Tiffany's bruises, "We saw Mike practiced the routine with Rish and he was so good," she added.

"Jeez... Tiff that is way too much" Jason was concerned.

"I'm fine Jason.  I think I just need to release it," Tiffany rose.

"Well, dance the pain away just like the old times," Jason asked.

"I hope it is that easy," Tiffany sighed.

"Trust me, it always work," Jason said, "It always help me every time I catch my boyfriend having an affair with real women."

After eating lunch, Tiffany decided to freshen up.  She met Mike on her way out from the shower room.  Mike just had a shower also.  He looked at Tiffany and noticed the bruises on her arms.  Tiffany realized that she exposed her bruises so she took her sweater and wore it.  She then walked away while Mike's eyes followed her.