CHAPTER 3

"You could be great, you know, it's all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that." —J.K. Rowling

THIRD POV:

Melania and Arcturus Black stared at their daughter-in-law, there was something definitely different about her. She no longer held this air of haughtiness and arrogance. Instead she seemed wised and slightly subdued, way different from Walburga's usual sense of superiority attitude. They brushed it off for moment believing it had to do with her close brush with death.

Seeing his grandparents, Sirius squealed and ran into his grandfather's arms who easily hoisted him comfortably in his arms despite his old age. Regulus who was peacefully sleeping was jolted awake by his brother's squealing and made his presence known by crying. Walburga who had some practice with little Teddy easily held her littlest son to her chest and gently bounced him while lightly patting his back.

Unknown to her the other adults in the room shared a surprised look with each other, there was something definitely going on with her. The Walburga they knew would've immediately handed over the baby to Melania or her husband Orion. Instead they watched her expertly lull the baby back to sleep. Feeling the stares Walburga looked up at them questioningly for a moment before looking back at her son.

"What's his name?", Melania suddenly asked effectively breaking the small tension in the room. When Walburga suddenly beamed in pride and joy.

"His name is Regulus Arcturus Black, child two out of three", she said giving her husband a look that said -you better do as I say or else-.

This was new information to all of them, the Walburga they knew only wanted one child but accidentally fell pregnant with her second child and wasn't very thrilled,  but to say she wanted a third child there was something definitely going on with her.

"Walburga are you okay?", Melania asked her daughter-in-law in concern.

"Whatever do you mean?", Walburga asked looking at her in-laws.

"You're not acting like your usually self", it was Orion who said this worried for his wife. For a moment Walburga's face paled before she gave them a shy smile. Which oddly fit on her face than her usually haughty sneer.

Internally screaming, Walburga immediately thought of a good but possible lie. "You know my parents Pollux and Irma?", she said getting affirmative responses.

"Well after finding out about how my older brother Alphard had no interest in being a possible heir for our family and was promptly thrown out of the family. They turned their attention to little Cygnus but when Cygnus knocked up Druella his seventh year betroth when he was only in his second year, mother and father started to worry about their family image and turned their attention to me. However, we constantly budded heads with each other. Displeased with my personality they hit me with a black curse that manipulated my personality and actions. Orion do you remember when I started acting a bit odd and crazed?", she asked her husband.

"Around late sixth year I believe, dear", he replied concerned as tears started to form in her eyes alerting all the adults.

Noticing that his mum was upset Sirius wiggled in his grandfather's arms until he got the message and set his grandson down. Running over to his mum, he tried to climb up to the bed but was to short, huffing he continued to struggle until his father picked him up and set him in front of his mum.

Pulling him into her free arm with little Regulus in her other, she held her babies close to her as she continued on with his story. "Exactly, that's when they hit me in the back with that vile spell when I threatened to leave the Black family forever. No matter how much I tried to fight against the spell it would only make me act out more. For months I would lock myself in the library to hide my new personality, but the damage was already done and no one wanted to be seen with a vile and pureblood supremest girl". She said taking in a deep breath before continuing onto her story, brushing away the tears from her eyes. Before noticeably bringing her children closer to her as she continued on.

"And when my parents died a few months before I got pregnant again, I thought I was finally free! But I wasn't", she said choked up before feeling herself getting pulled into her husband's arms. Leaning her head against her husband's chest she sucked in a shallow breath before continuing onto her story once more.

"But... But then I started to have complications with my second pregnancy. And when I found out I had a high chance of dying, I just... I just couldn't.. So I lied and went to my daily check ups alone not wanting to bother or concern any of you guys and I knew I wouldn't be really missed. So I continued to lie when I was in pain. And when I went into labor I knew I was going to eventually die, I lost so much blood that I didn't even know I had in me!", she softly shouted in disbelief as her husband stroked her back trying to comfort her.

"And.. And then I died... ", she said looking at Sirius who fell asleep as the other adult occupants in the room sucked in a sharp breath.

"I was so tempted to just let go of my cursed life, but I.... I just couldn't! I couldn't just leave you and our children. Even though we are cousins and were betrothed, I eventually fell in love with you. And I was scared what would've happened to you if I died in childbirth. So I ignored the tempting bright light to the afterlife and forced my way back to life determined to get back to my family. But then I was stopped by...  Death.. ", she stopped for a moment when three horrified gasps rung through the room.

"He gave me a choice to either cross over and happily live in mindless bliss or go back to my world free of my curse. I, of course chose to back to my world, but before he left he showed me the future. At first I didn't want to believe it but it was so awful it had to be true! It was a warning of what would happen if the House of Black joined the new Dark Lord. Oh Merlin! The children! Pureblood or not, they were children who died unmercifully crying as their parents were killed or taken away before they themselves were raped or killed", she sobbed along with Melania.

Feeling all the energy sucked out of her she quickly fell asleep against her husband's chest clutching her two pride and joys against her chest, hoping to protect them from the horrors of the world.

Orion, Arcturus, and Melania all shared a look of determination, they had some serious family planning to do. Bidding their son goodbye, the elderly couple quickly made their way back to the Black Manor.

Orion stared down at his family and couldn't believe how lucky he was, his strong and brave wife was his world and so were their children of love. Leaning back on the bed he pulled his family close to his chest as if he could hide them from the cruel outside world. "I will always protect you guys, I will always love you guys... ", he whispered to his family before falling asleep.

Mippy their house elf quietly popped into the room and took a couple of pictures of the new family before quietly popping away to make dinner.

___________
A/N: As promised here you go. And so this is Walburga (Corona's) cover story, what do you think? Also how did you like Walburga's Slytherin thinking? Up next is the Black sisters.