2. 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺

***

There was never a time that Gwen was at Diagon Alley and it wasn't packed full of other wizards. 

Gwen's reason for being in Diagon Alley was to purchase her school supplies needed for her first year at Hogwarts. A list of things she'd need was sent with her acceptance letter, but due to her brothers, she already knew everything she'd need. 

Her mother and father had invited the Malfoy's to walk through Diagon Alley with them and unfortunate for Gwen they had agreed. Gwen and Draco had been instructed by their parents to go ahead towards Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions to be fitted for their robes while they go and buy other needed supplies. 

"I can't believe I get stuck with the likes of you on a day like this," said Gwendolyn slightly annoyed. 

Draco scoffed. 

"Trust me," said Draco. "I don't like it either, but our parents seem to think we need to be friendly with one another." 

"Yes, and Draco does whatever Father tells him to, doesn't he?" teased Gwen. 

"Well, I don't see much objection coming from you either," Draco shot back at her. 

He was right. Gwen didn't want to object to what her parents told her to just as Draco didn't want to disappoint his father. 

While Draco went ahead and stood on the platform waiting to be measured, Gwen headed towards the back of the shop to look through the different styles of robes. She knew she had to have a certain pair for Hogwarts, but perhaps she'd see a pair she'd like to wear outside of the castle. 

In the back of the small shop, there was a mirror and Gwen caught a glimpse of herself. She had chosen not to wear her usual pink but instead chose a black overall dress that had small daisies placed all over and it puffed out slightly towards the bottom. Beneath the dress, she wore a black and white striped shirt and for shoes, she chose a pair of yellow trainers. Her was slightly frizzy from the wind outside and so Gwen took her hands and smoothed it out. 

While doing this Gwen could hear Draco speaking with someone towards the front of the shop but she couldn't make out what he was saying. It was most likely something condescending anyway. The boy he was talking to was also being fitted for robes and had shaggy black hair and that is all Gwen was able to make of him. 

"Who were you just speaking with?" asked Gwen curiously just as the boy left the store. 

She stepped up onto the platform beside of Draco and began being fitted her robes as well. 

"I'm not sure," said Draco, giving Gwen a short answer. "Didn't get his name." 

Gwen hummed in response and allowed the woman to measure the length of her arms.