3. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦

***

The train began to move now. Parents waved from the platform with wide smiles while others had tear-stained cheeks. Gwen looked out the window to see if her parents were waving like the others. Her dad was, but her mom looked on with her usual lack of emotion. 

"Any idea of who you're going to room with?" asked Pansy, once the train had pulled out of the station, and the platform was no longer visible. "Of course, it'll be me and you, but we have to find two other girls who seem suitable." 

Gwen gave Pansy a confused glance. 

"Pansy, we haven't even been sorted," she told the short-haired girl, but Pansy rolled her eyes at the comment. "Who knows, you may be sorted into Gryffindor or perhaps I'll be a Ravenclaw." 

Pansy scoffed, pushing her bangs to the side. 

"As if," she said with a confident smirk. "We'll both be in Slytherin, I just know it." 

Pansy could have talked for the entire train ride, Gwen barely got a word in. She wished that Pansy would've stopped talking after she stopped answering her and only nodded and hummed in her responses, but she didn't which meant that Gwen couldn't take the nap she was looking forward to since she had wakened up that morning. 

It wasn't until a small girl, about the size of Gwen and Pansy stormed into the compartment, breathing heavily that Pansy stopped talking. 

"Did you hear?" she asked, trying hard to catch her breath. "It's the boy who lived--he's on the train, right now! Harry Potter is here!" 

The compartment was silent. No one in there knew what to say. Harry Potter on the train to Hogwarts? He's the hero of the Wizarding World, well to most anyway. It was never believed that he'd come because of how reclusive everyone believed him to be. 

"Harry Potter?" asked Draco, disbelievingly. "I've got to see this for myself!" 

Gwen didn't want to seem like a hopeless follower, but she too wanted to see the infamous Harry Potter. The orphan--The Boy Who Lived! Gwen wouldn't be surprised her parents told her to try and befriend him as well. 

"I'm coming too," said Gwen, standing up from her seat and looking down at Pansy. "You coming?" 

Pansy sighed as she stood up. 

"I suppose," she whined. 

They followed the other girl through the narrow walkway on the train as she led them to Harry Potter's compartment. 

"I don't even see what the big deal is," fussed Pansy, as they continued down the walkway. "I mean he was a baby when it happened, he probably doesn't remember anything. It was a mere fluke!"