chapter 8

"Listen up snot buckets, don't forget to sign up for the annual Mission Creek High talent show. Auditions are after school and will be judged by moi. Chances are that if I don't like you, you won't get through and I don't like any of you so...good luck!"  Principal Perry said pinning up a sign up sheet.

Suddenly Owen stood up"Talent shows are wrong! There are no winners or losers in creative expression."

Principal Perry glared at the poor boy and yelled "Stick a paint brush in it Emosabi! "

"I refuse to stand by while that woman crushes the artistic souls of our student body. I'm gonna go sketch my feelings."

"He is so tortured. Isn't it great?" Bree sighed walking away.

Once they were out of earshot, I mumbled "well, she got over Ethan pretty quickly"

"This talent show is the perfect opportunity for me to build my fan base!" We all looked at Leo as if he just grew another head.

"Leo you don't have a fan base." Chase said, obviously.

"I know. It's why I have to build one with" waving his hand in Chase's face he continued ",magic."

"Well that is what it would take."

"No. I got a magic kit and I've been practicing specifically for the competition."

"A magic kit? Isn't that kind of lame?"

"There is nothing lame about buying something off the Internet to make friends." Leo said pushing Chase aside "Hello ladies, would you like to see a card trick?"

Leo did some stupid card trick and the girls looked smitten, huh not bad Leo. Not bad.

"You know what my problem is? All of my talents are bionic and I can't reveal them at school." Chase sighed sadly.

"Aw...Bionic people problems."

Soon my mission signal began to beep through my watch and I turned a deep shade of crimson.

"What's that?" Chase asked me, crossing his arms. Looking down at the watch, I responded "my mission alert. I have to go. Dark fury is on the lose and is creating a rampage in DC and I have to leave immediately."

"Maybe we should-" I cut Chase off by saying "sorry I have to miss the auditions but I'll try to make it to the talent show." And with that I ran out of school.

______________________________________________________

"Okay, next up we have the amazing Chase. The only magician whos magic wand is bigger than he is." I hear Principal Perry say once I entered the back of the gym. Leo looked over to me wide eyed and said shocked "your Kim Falcon"

Of course I'm Kim Falcon. Leo of all people should know-Oh now I see what's going on.

"Sorry, just got back here from DC. The president kept on thanking me for stopping Dark Fury from destroying the court house." I responded. Leo cleared his throat before saying "well then Kim, your very lucky the lights are all off and no one could recognize you"

"Who's up?" I asked before widening my eyes to see Chase in this ridiculous outfit that involved a top hat and a cape.

"The backstabber. jerk, your no good ex-"

"I get the picture" I stopped him "what did he do wrong?"

Chase took in the applause and said "Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen! For my first trick I will move that chair...with my mind!"

I came into realization that Chase took Leo's spot in the show, really Chase!

Chase tried to make the chair levitate but it didn't work, he looked over towards the crowd, then tried again.