Yellow

"Where is he?" Y/n muttered under her breath as she waited for Peter at Isabels Cafe. She had texted him the details and hoped he would show up early. Why did I even agree to this? She asked herself as she watched the cars pass by in hopes of seeing him finally arrive.

As the minutes passed she fell deeper into the thought of what she had attempted just a couple of days ago. She started to think about how that would affect the world, her school, Isabel, and the people she would talk to. She started feeling guilty about her thought process at the moment of jumping. She just couldn't help herself at the thought of actually wanting to die, feeling off and tired she decided to lay her head down on the coffee table in hopes of dozing off.

Where could he be?

She was snapped out of her daze when she felt a tap on her head. She picked her head up and to her surprise, there Peter was. With an awkward smile, he sat down across from her, hanging his bag on the chair. He was excited although nervous she would chew him out being late. He helped some people on his way to the Cafe and simply lost track of time.

"Where were you...?" She asked with a hushed tone, almost as if she had woken up from a deep slumber. "I had to help my Aunt with some things and lost track of time... sorry" he muttered, looking at his lap in shame for leaving her hanging. She studied his features for a bit before perking up and sitting upright in her chair.

"Why did you want to hang out? Pity?" She looked him in the eyes, hoping to scare him a little. Peters's hands began to sweat the moment she looked at him, he felt his whole body heating up. He couldn't tell what he was feeling at the moment and hoped he wouldn't stutter whenever he decided to reply. "You okay? You seem very... nervous" she asked, a worried tone to her voice, leaning over the table she placed a hand on his forehead. "You seem fine..." she muttered while she sat back on her chair.

"Yeah... fine," he said, so quietly she almost didn't hear him. She started feeling herself heat up as she realized he was staring at her, she couldn't tell if she was flattered or ... weirded out.

"Hey man, you're acting kind of strange," She said with an awkward laugh. He didn't realize he was staring until he saw her fidget in her seat. He was infatuated with her. He hadn't felt this way in quite some time since his last crush didn't quite 'work out'. He wanted to place aside his attraction toward her considering he wanted to be her friend first.

"I just- uh- I don't know what to say..." he looked away, finally breaking the tension between them.

"Do you feel bad for me?"

"What?" He asked, looking at her, she was staring at him again. "Do you feel bad? Knowing someone in your class tried to commit suicide?" She asked once again, her voice remaining in a steady tone. He didn't think she would be straight up or non-emotional about it, she acted as if it had happened years ago.

"I do..." he muttered, "...but I also thought you were kind of cool" he spoke. Raising an eyebrow at him, she questioned what about herself did he find cool. He had never spoken to her unless she just couldn't remember. "What about me is cool?" She asked, almost annoyed someone found her 'cool'. She had such a confused face on her look that almsot made him giggle, she had never expressed herself so much to someone until today. She usually kept to herself as a way to move on and not think about things socially.

"The whole frisbee thing yesterday" He chuckled but she remained confused. Feeling he had said something wrong he almsot rushed to apologize.

"THAT?" She asked, pretty loudly that some people stared or looked around for the person who had spoken. Not caring, she continued to look at Peter for an answer. "To me, it's not really a big deal, it happens... I think" She was annoyed by how many times she was hit the day before, however it wasn't much of a big deal.