Confession

"Tell me who he is and what he did to you to make you like this.... so..so scared" he whispers.

"I can't" is all I say.

He closes the space between us and wraps his arms around my waist as he embraces me. I immediately feel safe in his arms. When he touches me sparks fill me and I feel so happy here in his arms. 

"I Alpha Daniel reject you as Luna and as my mate" he says emotionlessly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whip comes down on my back again as I cry out in pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sob. How could he do this to me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jerk out of his arms unable to shake the memories. I'll never be safe. Hurt flashes across Evan's face and I can't. Pain explodes in my head. I squeeze my eyes shut in pain. And I welcomed the darkness.

~~~~~~

I can hear voices but my eyelids are so heavy.

"Why didn't she tell us she was still getting these again" I heard a feminine voice ask.

My mother.

"I thought she was better" I hear Cam cry.

"Why couldn't she be honest with us? We could have helped her" Diana whispers.

I felt a hand grab mine and sparks shot through my hand.

'Mate' Emily says comfortingly.

I hear the door open and a man says "I need to speak with Alpha Evans alone please."

I hear the door shut as they leave.

"Is she going to be ok" I hear Evan's voice crack on the last word.

"To be honest I'm not really sure. She will wake up but she has extremely severe trauma and...."

"And what" Evan growls.

I feel my shirt being lifted slightly. No, no, no. That was where the words were. The scars. The rest were on my back and thighs. I can hear his breathing hitch.

"That's not all" the doctor says quietly. 

"There is more on her back and thighs. Presumably of someone else's doing."

"Please leave" Evan says in a pained voice.

'What if he doesn't want us anymore' I whimper to my wolf.

The door slams and not even Emily can reply. I try to move and groan in pain.

"Oh god, I should get the doctor" he says and tries to pull his hand out of mine.

I tug on his hand and barely whisper "No. Stay."

He sits down and I manage to open my closed eyes. Worry and fear are written across his features. I look into his grey eyes, almost like a storm. We just stare at each other. My eyes wander to his lips and I force my eyes back to his.

"You look so beautiful" he says and leans forward.

I lean forward too and just as our lips were about to meet there was a loud knock at the door. I jump and he closes his eyes with a sigh. He opens his eyes and I can't help a small laugh. He smiles at me and then turns to the door.