The Thin Line Between You and I | boyxboy

a/n: Basically this is me giving you an insight to how it all started and blah blah blah and it's not really necessary you read it, because you'll catch on/figure it out sooner or later, but i'm not stopping you if you want to read. This part is in Third person point of view, though Jeremy is the main point of view and will be in Chapter one. So..erm..have fun? bye. cx 

        Prologue: 

 If you knew Maxton Englett and Jeremy Patel, and witnessed their friendship firsthand, you'd bet over fifty quid that Maxton would one day take Jeremy's last name. 

        Friends since year two, when they were eight years old, the two rugrats bonded over their love for mischeif. The teachers, who thought "pulling a card" was a consequence, could hardly handle the two in the same room. When told to "pull a card", they'd find various ways to not pull it. Whether it be pretending to switch the blue card with the red, pulling someone else's card, or just stuffing their hand in their "card cubby" (which was actually just a paper pocket) before withdrawing it, they'd "somehow" always make the well-behaved club at the end of the week and enjoy popcorn and juice and various other snacks with a movie while all the victims of their let's-pull-a-card-but-not-our-own-card stunt enjoyed write-offs. The teachers never caught on. 

But their mischeif didn't stop at eight. It carried on to twelve. Now in year five, the two bestfriends were about to embark upon middle school. That is, after this year ended. And boy was this year boring. To make it pass quicker, there were various pranks, on teacher and student, such as the age-old sticky-note to the back. Since this was still elementary, the only consequence they ever recieved was pulling a strip of coloured paper. Ouch? 

        And now: finally, middle school. But the two would learn middle school brings on a lot of changes. Year six. They felt like big shots. There was no telling how much they could pull off here. The first thing they did was replace the pillow on their teacher's wooden chair with a nearly identical pillow, except this one was filled with shaving cream. The entire class snitched, something they'd never encountered until now, but the two weren't worried. They'd only pull a card. Ha. Hahaha. Instead, they were sent to the headteacher and given corporal punishment. That was the end of their schemes, until high school. But it's not time for that story just yet. The punishment wasn't the only change in the two's lives. 

Like previously mentioned, everyone thought Maxton would marry Jeremy. There was only one problem: She was a girl. 

        Back to the changes: Year six was when the two finally began to comprehend their thoughts and emotions clearly. And by the time high school started and they were upperclassmen: Maxton knew she was in love with Jeremy, and Jeremy knew he liked boys. But neither one of them shared this secret with the other, the first secret they'd ever had. The thin line between Jer and Max seemed to be getting thicker..and thicker... 

And this is where you meet them. The year before senior year, Year eleven. Thing is, Maxton knows Jeremy's gay now..found out when she walked in on him making out with his first boyfriend. But she's still in love with him. And she's starting to sense an attraction between Jeremy and Maxon, her younger brother. Their once thin line seems to continue to thicken..and it may never be thin again.