1

There's a reason Wes was in the middle of the Warbler Council table.

It was so he could elbow David or Thad if they said something inappropriate for the meeting, and to stop Thad from swearing.

It happened often.

While his colleagues were more laidback, people joked about when the surgery would be invented to remove the pole up his ass. In the most loving way, of course.

His friends knew that his parents were the reason he was so strictly professional. Sure, he was a bit more laidback around them, but nobody'd ever seen him fully relax. Well, with one exception.

"Wes, you know what I just realized?" Thad asked suddenly, in the middle of a meeting.

Wes sighed. "What did you realize? That you need to stop interrupting meetings?"

"We've never heard you sing," Thad said. "The people you auditioned for graduated, and you've never taken a solo."

"He's right, isn't he?" Jeff said. "Sorry, speaking out of turn. But he's right."

"And?" Wes asked.

Thad smirked. "And we want to hear you sing."

"What, now? I have nothing prepared."

"He has something prepared," David mumbled, but they heard him.

Wes just turned and looked at David in disbelief. "I am not singing that."

"What is it?" Nick asked.

"Something I'm not singing."