Chapter 3

---Scottie's POV---

I don't know how long I've been here, what hour or day it was, but I was shivering all over. Azazel was currently smiling down at me, as he was still busy with creating a pattern on my chest with a knife.

My body was still in his hold but in my head, I was screaming in agony and crying for help, unable to let a single sound slip past my lips. "There we go..." He remarked airily, as if he hadn't just finished carving an elaborate mark in my flesh. He patted my cheek rather roughly and bared his teeth in a horrifying smile before he stood.

"Now don't move while I get the rest of the materials. You're mine soon enough dear." He smirked, eyes roving over my body again as I managed to shiver before he walked out the door. As soon as the door closed, whatever hold on me broke and I ended up sobbing as I tried desperately to get out of my binds.

My wrists were shaved pretty badly from the iron rubbing against my skin. According to Azazel, he didn't want to waste any energy in containing me so he ended up using physical bindings instead of his freaky powers. "Come on, come on! Please!" I pleaded as I yanked at the chains, hearing the metal clatter against the floor with every move I made.

After another sharp yank, I sagged down on the floor; my chest heaving and sending bursts of pain with every breath I took. I managed to look down but wished I hadn't. Blood was running in rivulets of my chest, obscuring exactly what was carved there.

I closed my eyes on a whimper and leaned back, only to snap my head up when I heard the door creak open. A pair of luminous eyes blinked towards me in the darkness, glancing back and forth between the hallway and the room I was in before the creature slipped in.

The dark ness didn't help me in trying to keep an eye on the creature as it sauntered through the room, occasionally stopping and glancing back. I lifted my head up, trying to peer through the shadows until I let a sigh of relief when the animal stepped closer, sniffing and eying me curiously.

"Its just a cat, nothing more." I thought and smiled warily as the ginger tabby stepped closer, its green eyes flashing sharply in the darkness. Slowly resting my head back on the cold floor, I watched tiredly as the cat made its way closer before it paused to sniff at my chest, scrunching its nose before it let out a sharp hiss.

When it looked back up at me, I couldn't help the small smile, trying to ignore the fact that I was giving up. The tabby reminded me of the cat Devon's girlfriend adored and cuddled with on their picture, a small tear rolling down my face as the memory of my brother.

I gasped in shock when a raspy tongue licked the salty tear away before a low purr rumbled through my ear. The tabby rubbed its head lovingly against my cheek before it huddled closer and shared some of its body heat with me.

"Mraw..."

"Shh." I shushed the cat, startling it a bit until it laid down beside me and stared up at me, flicking its tail slightly before it rolled up on his back, stretching a paw towards my face. Hehe, if I wasn't in this condition, battered, kidnapped and tied up, I'd love to play with the ginger bundle of fluff.

"What's this?" The calculated and cruel voice made me shiver in disgust while the cat beside me rolled back on its paws, curving its back while he let out a warning meow. As Azazel approached us, it hissed sharply and curled its ears back, meowing again.

"Look at that, my new host has found a little pet." He sneered, his boots thumping on the floor as he walked around my immobilized body while the cat surprisingly stood its ground, staying close to my face while it curved its back, fur blazing and eyes focused on the possessed man.