Chapter 5

"How long exactly?" Potter asked

"Since we met? I dunno" I answered. We both stood up on the astronomy tower, as we had been for the last hour. After dinner, the trio and I talked about the... incident. Ron hated my guts still, to be expected though.

Harry and I requested to talk alone for a bit, both Ron and Hermione were reluctant, but they finally left back towards their house common rooms.

That left Harry and me to talk.

"Same," he answered. I froze, Potter had liked me for how long?

" Are you joking? Or like-"

"Does it look like I'm joking?" He grabbed my waist and pulled me close, our lips didn't touch, but we stood like that for a while, his forehead on mine.

"I'm really sorry," he said, I was a bit shocked by this. I'd made his life hell and yet he was apologizing. To me.

"For what?" I asked backing away a bit, so I could see his face

"Remember in the bathroom, last year when I used the sectumsempra? I had no idea what it would do. You sent a curse flying at me, and I reacted with the first thing that came to mind. I have never forgiven myself for that, you were crying when I got in there about who knows what, and I intruded. I was horrified when I saw what I had done."

"I was... distressed at the time. You know, you were almost always right about me, my intentions. I'm just scared. I'm part of Voldemorts death eaters (I'm not sure if harry knew this or not yet, I  havent read the books in a few years *plz dont kill meeee*) Last year, in the bathroom, I was told to kill Dumbledore. I couldn't harry, I couldn't. But I had to. When you came in I was angry, emotional." I laughed a bit "Still am, to be honest. I'm so, so sorry. I just, my family, they were-"

"It's okay," he said "For the longest time I've hated you, I was angry, that I was trying so hard to get rid of the man who murdered every one I loved. I was angry with anything that had something to do with it. Including you. And I hated the fact that after everything you did, how angry you made me. I loved you."

I swallowed, my eyes starting to water. "Gosh were both a bunch of twits aren't we" I laughed, wiping my eyes.

"Yeah" he laughed, leaning against the ledge of the tower. He sighed looking out at the forest, I took his hand.

"Are we good?" I asked

"Yeah, we're good"