Chapter 3: A Very, Most Interesting, Day

Athena walked down the isle, and I could have sworn she winked at me. She explained to us, that she was handing us assigned papers, that all were customized depending on our grades. I smiled a little at that, knowing that the paper would be easy, even for a first grader. And it was. When she dropped the paper onto my desk, I saw that the first question was :

"What does the word Colorful mean?"

I started laughing so hard that I fell off my chair. Bella, Alice, and all my other classmates looked at me weird. But I was too busy laughing to care. That was until Athena shouted my name. 

"Perseus Jackson! What is so funny that you are interrupting my class?" She had this glint in her grey eyes, like she already knew the answer.

" Well, you made these tests right?" I asked. She nodded. "It's just, how can you not laugh at the first question?"  A smile tugged at the corner of her lips, and she walked up to me, grabbed the test, and then read it over.

"Well, if you prefer I could give you a harder one in detention." Immediately my smile dropped.

"Who watches over detention?" I guess she would give me the code name of the god, and I would have to figure out who it was by the end of the day.

"Mr. Red is the one who watches over detention (can you guys find out who Mr.Red is?), although I did not have to tell you because you would have figured it out at the end of the day." I guess that meant that I had already gotten detention. The bell rang and Athena/Mrs. A, ended the class. I walked up to Bella, who was walking with Alice, and asked where my next class, which was Science, was. 

"Oh great! We have most of the same classes!Just follow me." She lead me to the other side of hallway, where a door stood. Alice jumped into the first conversation. 

"I heard that we got almost a completely new staff this year. I also heard that this class had the nicest teacher in the whole school, and that the worst teacher was Mr. Red. " I had a guess as to who Mr. Red was, but I couldn't prove my theory until I actually met him. I walked inside the class, and chose a seat near the back, then pulled some earplugs out of my pocket and put them in. I started listening to my favorite song, "Barbie" , hey don't judge me. 

Then the teacher walked in, and my eyes practically bulged out of my head. It was my father! He just grinned at me, and started talking. Since most of science had to do with liquid, it would make sense that he was the teacher of that subject. But it still shocked me. I kept my earbuds in through most of the class, that was until my father called me out on it. All eyes turned to me, then back to my dad. I asked Sarah, who was still in my pocket, to find out what they were saying. 

She crawled out of my pocket and scurried across the floor, then returned to me a few minutes later. I don't know how, maybe it was Hephaestus' blessing, but I could understand her. 

"They think you look a lot like Mr. Pos, (horrible names srry) and they are wondering if you might be related." I raised my eyebrows at hearing this, and then saw the logic in all their theories. We do have the same sea green eyes, same color hair, and other things. But right now, my dad was calling me out at listening to music during class. I pulled one ear pod out, pretending to actually listen. I mean, I love my dad, but I had a reputation to keep. 

"- you have detention." I looked at him, and saw a glint in his eye. I returned the look, and my reply probably wasn't the best.

"I already have detention tonight. Assigned by the famous Mrs. A herself." He looked at me like he already knew that, and I guess he did, since he and Athena were arch-rivals and all that.

"I had a feeling, and that is why, like I said, you have detention tomorrow." Well, father and son think alike. That is what I would have done if I knew someone already had detention. What a shame that him and I were just so smart.