Part 36 - Run

This was painful to watch... the translucent Daiki slicing black ooze through soldiers one by one, the acid like goop melting them into a puddle like consistency of marred, torn flesh and bone. Amaimon was slicing his raven talon claws deeply along vital spots of the human bodies, blood lurching through open wounds and mouths as he laughed like a mad man. I clenched my eyes shut, turning my head to bury my face into Mephisto's sleeve as my tears pooled and stained the immaculate fabric of his blazer. This was too surreal... it had been hard to watch before, but it seemed like a battle on a completely different scale now and... I swallowed hard, taking the lump of bile that had congested in my throat as it burned on the way down; waking me from my inner turmoil. Fingers ran through my hair softly as I tilted my eyes up to meet an evergreen stare, a smirk gracing the demons features.

"It's disgusting; isn't it? The life of a demon."

"Daiki is-"

"A ghost. And a ghost is affiliated with the demon king of spirits."

"King of spirits?"

"Yes, my brother must have allowed Daiki this form in order to protect you. Although it must have been for his own sick pleasure~. The life of a demon isn't for humans after all... most can't handle it."

I ignored the twited look in Mephisto's eyes and decided rather to turn my own back to the battle at hand, Daiki slicing through foes as if they were made of tissue paper. I shook my head at Mephisto's statement, turning duo coloured eyes to meet his gaze once more.

"Daiki is Daiki; demon or human."

A chuckle left the older demons throat as his hold tightened on my hips, pulling my back flush against his chest, his laugh vibrating through my spinal collumn.

"It appears we have unwanted company."

My head shot to the side at break neck speed as I saw two soldiers racing towards us with weapons drawn. My pupils dilated until I heard a throaty chuckle from the male I was currently resting against, the vibrations running through my back as a cloud of smoke enveloped my vision for a second before I noticed I was staring at the back of the men who were charging towards us not a moment earlier. Mephisto had teleported us... I released a breath I was holding, sweat beginning to form on my temple and raise my body temperature as the panic left me momentarily.

"So childish... Will you stop playing around and get her out of here already? Or would you prefer to traumatise her more?"

I craned my neck around Mephisto to stare at the male who let out a sarcastic remark. I blinked lightly at the male I knew well, almost unbelieving his presence... I didn't expect him to get involved in something like this.

"Lucifer..."

The male bowed politely to me, not once taking his emerald eyes from his younger brother as he pulled out a small metal box from his pocket, it fit almost perfectly in the palm of his gloved hand.

"Ah, so it's ready. A little late though if I do say.~"

Mephisto gestures a single hand to the blood bath behind us, a mock laugh leaving his lungs. Did he find all of this funny? Was this just a game?

"Be silent, you should be grateful I did this at all. Now; take her to safety."

"Wait! What's happening?!"

"You will be in the way, we cannot protect you if you are here hindering us."

The blonde demon coughed lightly into his gloved hand that clasped the metal square tightly in a fist before gesturing the other palm in a 'go away' motion towards us. I flared slightly, he just wanted me to leave when people I love are battling for my well being?! This is my problem too!