Moving Fast at MAMA 2017

"Come on Jongin, hurry up or you're going to miss the performance!" Kyungsoo waves his fellow member Kai over to sit next to him.

It was that time of the year again. The 2017 MAMA Awards had arrived, and the performance everyone was anticipating was no other than his long time friend Taemin's "Move."

"Knowing MAMA, they'll probably manage to somehow fuck up the performance since it's SM performing," Sehun whispers loud enough for his members to hear, but carefully enough so that the cameras cannot read his lips.
"Remember what I said about being negative." Suho glares at the maknae from across the other end.
Kai heads over to Kyungsoo, but not before nearly tripping over Chanyeol's tall legs to get there.

Sitting down, between Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, he can feel his heartbeat intensify as his palms begin to get clammy.

Remember, Kai reminds himself. No matter what you see him do, you have to remember your every movement is being focused on by thousands of fans. Even one moment of slip up could cause speculation and have the media even more set on revealing the true feelings you have for him.

The lights go dim in the arena, and Kai has to do everything in his power to keep his breathing at a steady pace.

And there is he.

Shining bright as ever, the intro to Move begins playing as Taemin elegantly walks forward. Even the slightest movements of the choreography clearly show that in that very moment, Taemin owns the stage.

Kai feels his body become warm, a sensation of tranquility and entrancement washes over him. Noticing how Taemin's black open shirt reveals part of his chiseled chest, Kai swallows as quickly as he can, trying everything in his power to avoid being asked questions once again by his members.

Every time Shinee was at the same event as EXO, his members always attempted to subtly hint at Kai's true feelings for Taemin. No matter how many times his fellow members asked him, he always insisted that their skinship was solely due to them being "really good friends."

But they had to have suspicions, Kai knew this.

As the performance continued on, so did the intensity of Taemin's movements. He was hitting every point of the choreography, all while remaining engaged in his art.

The things I would do to him if I just got 3 minutes alone. If only he knew.

So lost in his own naughty thoughts, Kai zoned back into reality and realized that the crowd was cheering extra loudly. Looking at the monitor, he noticed the camera was on him and Baekhyun.

Shit, Kai panics. You have to act natural. You must control yourself.

Kai gives an awkward thumbs up to the camera, almost way too excitedly. Thank god Baekhyun saved the day by making some silly face in the camera, trying to do his version of the dance.

The more he saw his friend dancing at huge venues like this, the harder it was getting to resist his true feelings of lust.

He wanted Taemin more than ever, and that feeling was only going to grow stronger....