Chapter two - Museum

The flight was okay. You were focusing on your book while Vanessa and Mia were talking about all the places they would like to visit, mostly because of specific shops or a special drink of course. That's all you heard before you turned on the music.

---

As you finally reached your hotel, you weren't really surprised about who your room mates were for the coming week.

Vanessa and Mia.

Damn you, Mrs. Peters.

---

It was one P.M and the next meeting was at two for a museum visit with the whole class.

Vanessa and Mia were putting on makeup while you changed your clothes. Why act special to visit a museum? You grabbed your camera and put on your shoes as you noticed Vanessa and Mia's confused faces.

"Don't you want to put on some make up, (y/n)?" Mia asked as she put on some mascara.

"Yeah, you never know if you meet your man today. I mean, there's probably a hot waiter in the restaurant", Vanessa giggled.

You thought about it for a second. Not because of meeting the man of your dreams, but you were far away from home. Why not try something new? Why not get out of the comfort zone?

"You... you might be right..." you stuttered.

You sighed loud.

"I would like to try wearing some makeup. You have to help me."

Mia's eyes were sparkling like a fire as she started to put on your makeup. That was totally her thing. She used the eye shadow like an artist used a pencil on a paper.

After a while she was done, and you were stunned by the results. You looked pretty and to your own surprise you liked it.

"Thank you, guys" you said as you stared at yourself in the mirror.

"Very welcome!"

---

The others looked at you in shock. Never ever have they seen you wearing makeup before. You even got a half-hearted compliment from one of the boys. Mia and Vanessa stayed near you although they were talking to their friends. You suddenly felt confident. Was your disgust for these people wrong? They seemed nice after all, but you still preferred being alone.

The museum was not far from the hotel. After a few instructions by your teacher, you were free to walk around the museum in small groups. Of course, you ended up with Mia, Vanessa and three other girls.

Not surprising, they were talking more about men than about all the art. But you surely were here for the art.

You looked at a rather dark painting. The details were insane. You read the little description on the right side of it.

"(Y/n)" Vanessa shouted.

You turned around, seeing Vanessa walking over to you.

"Have you noticed that guy over there?" She asked.

"What guy?"

"Turn slowly to your right. You'll see who I mean. He kept staring at you" she was grinning.

You did as she told you and saw a man with a long grey coat and a red cap. He peered over to you, pretending to look at that painting in front of him. You saw that he was paying attention to you, but you didn't feel like making a show out of it.

"No, you guys are just overreacting."

The girls giggled and walked to the next corridor.

"Whatever you think" Mia said with a cheeky voice.

There you stood now. Absolutely alone. At least that's what you thought.

You looked at the paintings on the wall. You liked them. You could feel the pain of the artist through every brushstroke.

They were broken. Like me.

"Hi"

A voice next to you said. The man Mia pointed out to you, stood now right next to you.

"Oh, gawd sorry. How unlikely. My name is Barry. It looks like you love art just as much as I do?"

The man smiled friendly. You smiled back. He was surely gay. The way he acted. The way he smiled at you. Everything had this sassy touch. The uneasy feeling you felt at first, disappeared.

"My name's (y/n). Yes... yes I do"

He took your hand and looked at you.

"Nice to meet you. I am a designer! I get all inspired here."

Barry looked at the painting in front of you and giggled in joy.

You just nodded.

"Is this a school trip?"

"Yeah"

"Doesn't look like you are having fun, baby girl."

Barry's smile was mischievous. He understood.

"(Y/n) it's time to leave. You don't want to miss that party in the west street bar today" Mia shouted.

"I... I am sorry Barry. I have to leave. Was... nice to meet you" you stuttered.

Barry grinned.

"Aw. Poor you. Was nice to meet you too" he giggled again.

You followed the others. A bit weirded out by what just happened. You took a look back at Barry. He was waving at you and smiled. Mia and Vanessa were right. That guy was really looking at you.

And he even seemed interested in me.