Chapter 8

I was bleeding out on the floor of the abandoned mall while Ennis held me by the back of my neck with his demonic Alpha claws. I spit out blood. "Well...this was fun. I was expecting an epic climax at some point. Maybe we can have someone barge into the mall like a complete badass and kick all of your Alpha Werewolf asses?" I said with a smirk showing off bloodstained teeth. "I'd watch your words more carefully Damien. Wouldn't want the last werewolf of the Mannaro pack to be killed now would we?" Deucalion asked. I let out a growl as I tried to break free of the Alpha's grip on my neck.

"Yo! Damien! Dude Scott Damien doesn't look too good." Stiles said. "I'm fine. Okay? I'm fine." I said with a groan. "Yeah I'm sure you are. Let me see it." Stiles said wanting to see the wound. "I'm fine Stiles. I'll live." I said. "People say that and then they die." Stiles said. I rolled my eyes and lifted my shirt to reveal a wound the length of my entire torso. "Dude!" Stiles exclaimed in a whisper. "It's like that because it came from two Alphas. Voltron and Kali." I said putting the shirt down. "Yeah Scott told me the same thing." Stiles said unamused. "Then you'll know that I'm fine." I said. Stiles rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone. I looked over at Scott. He look just as bad as I did. "Yeah...Scott and Damien. They look like they're about to die. They're not healed. They claim it's because they are from Alphas. I've tried he won't listen to me. Have you met this man? He hates me." Stiles said. I let out a scoff and smiled showing my white teeth. "Damn it. We're getting you two off the bus." Stiles said as he went full-on debate mode with Coach. It didn't end well....he lost up until he made Jared throw up from car sickness. Gross...but Stiles had two werewolves to save. He would do anything to save us. Okay...he would do anything to save Scott.

I was in a bathroom on the floor barely breathing. I was back in the past.

**********************************
Derek was silent as he stood between the pinned down figures of his sister Cora and his beta Boyd. "I can't believe this kid is an Alpha." Kali said. "Well some have more promise than others." Deucalion said. "Then let him rise to the occasion then. What'll it be Derek? Pack or Family?" Kali asked. I watched on when I noticed movement in the top left corner of my eye. I glanced up to see Allison with a bow. I furrowed my eyebrows for a split second and was hit with realization. I closed my eyes just in time as the sound of explosions erupted around me. "Close your eyes!" Deucalion said to his pack. I jumped to my feet and slammed my feet into Ennis face. Ennis picked me up and threw me across the mall. I slammed into a wall like a truck hitting a brick wall at 85 mph. I collapsed to the floor and struggled to stand. I unsteadily got to my feet and felt an surge of power erupt through me for a split second. My vision was wonky and scarlet. I shut my eyes and shook my head. I opened my eyes and felt dizzy. My eyes fluttered open in time to see Ennis and Derek fighting dangerously close to the floor edge. I tried to get up. To get to Derek in time. I got to my feet painfully and ran at Ennis. I grabbed Derek's arm and forcefully slammed both feet into Ennis' chest like the hammer in a pinball machine. Ennis fell back and off the edge. Not before grabbing Derek's shirt hem and bringing him down with him. I screamed. "No!!!" I tried to grab ahold of Derek's arm before it was too late....but I couldn't reach him in time. I watched in horror as Derek plunged to his death. I heard the sound of his impact with the escalator 4 stories below. I opened my eyes and my mouth open in shock stared, horrified at the two dead Alphas below. One, a complete and utter asshole. And the other, a friend and teacher. I was being pulled back by someone. "Damien! Scott! He's gone! He's gone!" I stared at the edge of the floor. My facial features frozen in shock. Derek was dead....and it was all my fault.