Killian Jones- Text (h)

It was a difficult thing for some people when they saw others with siblings and knew that they'd never get that themselves.

You understood the difficulty that others had in understanding sibling relationships and coming to terms with the fact that they might never be able to have that kind of connection with someone.

Killian was not related to you by blood, and the both of you knew that, however from when you were young you had been in Killian's life and the two of you had a rather familial like connection.

When Killian had ended up in Storybrooke, it didn't take him very long to realise that you weren't there with him.

It drove him crazy that he had not only lost Liam, but he had also lost you to an unknown cause.

The relief he felt when the second curse was broken, and he was able to get you to be in Storybrooke was indescribable.

Of course, he had introduced you to Emma and upon realising you had nowhere to stay, she had opened her home to you and helped Killian with making one of the spare rooms your own.

Even though you had been in Storybrooke for a short while you still hadn't been able to get yourself a new wardrobe of clothes that suited the modern world nor had you fully seen the town itself.

Killian had come into your room once Emma had left for work.

"Good morning little one," he greeted you as he noticed you sat on your bed.

You smiled over at him. "Hello brother," you responded to him before he sat down next to you.

"How about we go for a tour around the town today?" he suggested with a smile on his face.

"I haven't been able to see the whole of Storybrooke as of yet brother, so yes that would be lovely."

He stood up, offering you his hand. "You can use one of Emma's coats for the time being until we are able to get you a wardrobe of your own."

The two of you made your way downstairs and swiftly out of the house.

Killian offered you his arm and so you placed your hand in the crook of his elbow with a smile on your face.

"It is nothing like our home," you mused to Killian as the two of you walked along.

He chuckled as he shook his head. "I agree with you little one however this place has its merits also."

"When are you going to get me one of those silver brick items?"

Confusion crossed his face until he realised what you were talking about.

He pulled out his phone from the pocket of his jeans and handed it to you. "Is this how you communicate with Emma?"

With a chuckle, he nodded his head in confirmation. "Yes, little one, and it allows me to text anyone I want no matter how far away they are."

"So, if I had one of these, and stood at the docks on the Jolly Roger whilst you were at home, I would be able to receive a communication of sorts from you?"

"Most certainly little one," he agreed with you. "And it isn't so much a communication, Emma and her people call it a 'text message'," he explained.

You had been nodding along with his explanation. "Do we no longer compose letters to send to others?"

Killian shrugged. "Sometimes people send each other letters, but it is more common to send an email if a text isn't sent."

Your brows furrowed in confusion at yet another term that you didn't understand. "What is this email concept?"

"I honestly don't know little one," Killian admitted to you. "All I know is that Emma can type an email and then send it, and it will arrive with Regina instantly."

You shook your head as the two of you continued to walk around the town. "This world is confusing brother."

Killian chuckled, pressing a kiss to the side of your head. "New things always are little one."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.