05.

I pulled my phone out when I got outside, and dialed the only number I could think of.

"Miss me already?" He asked in his normal cocky tone, but it relaxed me a bit.

I sniffled a bit and heard him move around. "I uh- Can you come pick me up?" I asked in a shaky tone.

"Babygirl, what's wrong?" He asked and I heard him running down his staircase.

"Please, just pick me up." I said and heard a door slam before he opened another one. I heard his car start before he rushed his words.

"I'll be there in five minutes. Stay put okay?" He said and I nodded but he couldn't see it. "It'll be okay, I promise." He said and I choked out a sob.

"Hurry" I said before hanging up.
I sat against the flag pole, before bringing my knees to my face. I rested my forehead on my knees and sobbed for what felt like hours before I heard a door slam. I looked up to see Jack with a worried expression on his face. He was wearing a black hoodie and his usual khakis. His hair looked distressed and his eyes held a hint of anger in them.

I stood up and he ran over to me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he sighed, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Ava what happened" He asked in a small voice before kissing my forehead.

"I uh- Can I tell you later?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah let's go." He said and I nodded before he walked me to his car.

I slid into the passenger's seat before shutting the door. I looked out the window to see a distressed Sam running into view. When he saw me, he stopped and looked... defeated.

-

"It's just annoying you know? Like not only did she sleep with my ex that fucked up my life, but my brother too?" I said and Jack rubbed my calves. I was sitting on the couch in his basement. He sat in the middle of the couch while I sat with my back against the left arm. My legs were stretched out over his lap and his large hands rubbed up and down my legs, trying to soothe me.

"You have an older brother?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yep, Tyler. 21 and a pain in my ass." I said and his breath hitched.

"What's your last name?" He asked a lot more serious than before.

"West." I said and his eyes shut.

"Shit Ava" He said and threw my legs off of his lap before he stood up off the couch.

"What's wrong? Do you know my brother?" I asked and he paced around his basement.

"Have you mentioned me to your brother at all?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Should I-"

"No!" He yelled in a panicky voice and I jumped. "I'm sorry I just" He said and knelt down in front of me. He put his hands on the back of my calves and laid his head in my lap. I ran m hands through his hair, something I had learned to calm him down.

"I've met your brother in the past and uh- I'm not his favorite person." He said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Well- okay." I said really confused.

"Just uh- I wouldn't tell your brother about me if you ever wanted to see me again." He said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Well alright"