Chapter 2

As soon as I sit down the mysterious cute boy introduces himself.

"Hi, I'm Shawn. I'm new this year." He smiles.

"Nice to meet you!! I'm not new.." God I'm so awkward.

He laughs. "Cool, well it looks like we're lab partners."

"Yeah, I guess so." I say while smiling. Suddenly I remember something; I recognize his name from somewhere. Shawn... SHAWN MENDES, the magcon kid!! Woah.

"Wait." I say looking at him. "Not to be creepy but aren't you in magcon?"

He laughs. "Yeah, well magcon isn't a thing anymore but I still hang out with the guys. I've really been focusing on my music now, and school too ha."

"Ohh ok, cool." I say and look up at the teacher because I notice she's trying to get our attention.

"Good morning class! My name is Ms. Cutler, welcome to your first year of AP biology. I'm not really one for ice breakers, and it looks like a lot of you already know each other so let's just get started." The class was obviously super excited about jumping into AP biology right away.

Ms. Cutler continues. "So, this year I decided to start this year with a quick project that will last about 2 weeks. You and whoever you're sitting next to will be putting together a presentation about a topic you already know about biology. I will hand out the project papers and you can choose from the many topics listed. I'll give you guys time to brainstorm right now. Get to work!"

Me and Shawn decide on our topic and that we'll be starting our work tonight at my house.

"Okay, so you can just come over at around 6!" I say trying not to sound too excited. Shawn is super cute and I have to admit I'm kind of starstruck by the idea that he was apart of magcon, even though I was never too into it.

"Cool." He says. "Can I have your number? You know, so I can text you about the project and stuff."

I laugh. "Yeah, sure." And we exchange numbers.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name." Shawn says just as I was getting up.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. It's Hailey." I say blushing.

"Cool, I'll see you at 6 Hailey." The bell rings and I flash him a quick smile and nod.

After the long first day back to school, I finally get home. I take out my phone and see I have a text from an unknown number: hey, it's Shawn. just wanted to make sure we're all good for 6. excited to see you again...

He's excited to see me...!! Oh my.

I text back and finalize our plan for 6. Now I need to grab a quick shower and get changed. I decide to change into a pair of shorts and a chill t-shirt I got from the beach over the summer.

Suddenly the doorbell rings and I run downstairs. It's Shawn!! Ok stay cool.

"Hey!" I say

"What's up." He says and leans in for a hug, which I wasn't expecting.

We hug and I start blushing uncontrollably. I lead him up to my room where I have my laptop all set up on my desk and ready for research. We both sit down and he puts his arm around me. I smile, then try to ignore it and we get to work.

After about an hour we get hungry and go downstairs for a snack. I open the cupboard and suddenly Shawn yells:

"Oh my god Nutella!! I make the best Nutella and strawberries. Do you have any strawberies??"

I laugh because how can you mess up Nutella and strawberries. "Yeah, we do. Are you gonna show me your skills?"

He nods and grabs the two ingredients and puts them on the table. "Watch and learn.. Oh, I'm gonna need a knife."

I watch as he cuts the strawberries perfectly so there's little indents in the middle. He scoops some Nutella on the inside and puts the two halves back together. He makes plenty for the two of us and says we have to put them back in the fridge for about 10 minutes.

He grabs the spoon he used for Nutella and puts the extra on my noes.

"Hey!!!" I say and grab some on my finger and put it on his cheek. He does the same to me. I pretend to get really angry.

"You're gonna need to take this off." I crack a smile.

He kisses my cheek and all the Nutella is on his lips. "Now you're gonna need to take this off." I start to grab a napkin but he tells me no.

I just go for it. I lean in and kiss him. It was amazing as soon as I kiss him I lick my lips so there's no more Nutella. He picks me up and puts me on the

counter and kisses me again.