Chapter 11 - Yeah. Wulf.

***STILES***

I can't be in the same universe anymore. Everything's changed, too much too soon.

I'm wolfing out.

Scott's dead.

I'm beating Deucalion's ass all on my own.

Scott's dead.

Derek's trying to pull me back and he can't even.

Scott McCall, my brother-in-arms and brother-in-soul, is fucking dead.

I can say it as many times as I want, and I still can't believe or accept it. All I can do right now is let my anger fly out of me the best way I can. Which, yes, involves beating up Deucalion until he's black and blue.

Derek tries to pull me off of Deucalion again, and I resist even harder. Wait a minute. Is that...no, it's not Derek. I smell burning skin. Not mine, for once. Who's behind me? I think I remember Parrish catching himself on fire - how the hell did he do that? What is he? Some kind of demon?

But I can't answer that right now because it's not Parrish trying to pull me off Deucalion. Worse. It's Renard. No wonder I'm smelling so much skin smoke. God, that shit is toxic. What's he made of? Sulfur? No wonder vamps sizzle so easily if they got such a high sulfur content.

Listen to me, already describing vamps as "they" as if I never was one. I mean, technically, I never was one to begin with. But even so, I never really accepted that that was my ultimate fate, the last species I would ever officially get to be.

Why, though, did my next metamorphosis had to come like this?

Renard ain't gonna pull me off my enemy, though, no sir. I'm too strong for him or any other vamp now. Especially while the sun's still up, which is going to be a pretty long while thanks to our nice California summers. What time is it even now? Four in the afternoon? Five? I've lost track, to be perfectly honest. But the sun is still pretty high in the sky, even if it's late in the day. So I've got plenty of time to reduce Renard to cinders if I can. And if I get that chance, I will.

All I have to do is stay in the sun. Or, even better, make him my shade.

And, of course, avoid getting myself stuck on the business end of Deucalion's killer cane.

No pressure for my first fight as a werewolf.