Chapter 15

Sometimes, you have to show them that you know how to handle shit on your own

Winters P.O.V.

As I stand here and watch Joshua fight off five people my wolf is pissed at me right now.

Everything in me is telling me to stop training, that he's had enough for today but I won't say anything.

It pains me to see him get hurt but he needs the training. Hell the whole pack does. They need to know how to handle this.

They've gotten better in the last couple of hours. Some catch on quicker than others.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and takes me out of my trance. I pull it out and look at it and it's a text from my old friend Dylan. She's apart of the Blue Crest pack. She found her mate and moved away a couple of years ago.

We've kept in contact but it's been a lot more lately.

I open my phone and go to the message:

D: I need to talk to you in person, can you meet me at the mall in 20 minutes? At the food court?

W: yea. On my way

And with that I closed my phone. "Training is done for the day. If your injured, go get checked up on. We'll continue training tomorrow at 6 so get rested and eat. Your dismissed, Rox!" I call to her, "Come with me" we walked back into the house and started our way to our rooms, "Go get changed, we need to meet up with Dylan at the mall in ten minutes"

"For what?"

"I'll explain later. Just go get changed and tell Damien you'll be back within an hour or two" She just nods her head and walks off to her room to change. I didn't do anything but watch today so I don't need to take a shower.

Soon as I walked in, I went into the closet and changed out of my training gear.

Once changed I walked out of the closet and headed for the door but Joshua came in, "Where are you going?" He asked looking me up and down

"To the mall with Rox, I'll be back in an hour or so" I said blankly. I'm really not in the mood for him right now. "Give me a minute to shower and change and I'll come with you" he said walking off to the shower, "Nah it's ok. I'll be back" I said walking off.

"What the fuck is your problem Winter? I say sorry to you, I included you in a pack meeting!? Why are you still acting this way? You really being childish now" I raise an eyebrow at him, "You right, you did apologize and include me but what's pissing me off right now is that you think that just because you apologized and shit that I'm just supposed to forgive you just like that. You got me fucked all the way up. You disrespected me and I don't take kindly to disrespect so now your paying the fucking price for it. Now like I said, I'll be back in an hour or so" and with that, I walked out of the room.

Roland, Embry, Quil, meet me at the mall in ten minutes

I say through the family pack link,

Leaving now

They said at the same time. I make my way down to Rox room and she's waking out the door and we head out to the car and headed to the mall.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the mall the same time as the boys. "What's up Ash, why we needed to meet here?" Roland asked, hugging me in the process.

"Dylan asked to meet. We've been talking a lot lately about some things and when she asked to meet, it sounded important so I called for you guys and Rox of course" I started walking beside him. Seeing that Rox had jumped on Embrys back like always.

We walk inside and stand in the food court looking around for Dylan. Then I see her waiving her hand like a maniac with her mate beside her smiling. We walk over to them and give out hugs, "It's good to see you again Dylan, Eli"

"And you too Luna Winter and where's Alpha Joshua?" Eli asks.

"There were other things to attend to so I told him that I would handle this one" they just nod and we all take a seat.

The twins sit with their backs to us watching around for anyone that could possibly attack while Rox and Quil sit at my sides listening and also watching around. "What is it that needed me here Dylan?" She looks to Eli and he just nods his head. "Their planning an attack on your packs the night you come to the treaty meeting" I've trained for stuff like this as well, we all have so we give off no emotion. "And why are you telling me this?" I ask placing my hands on the table. "I pledged my loyalty to you long ago, for some reason, I knew you were gana be Luna of a great pack some day. My loyalty is to you and my mate"

"And you Eli, you aren't against her telling me this about your home pack? You've lived there your whole life. She's been there for what? A couple of years?"

"Since we've gotten a new Alpha, he's been power hungry. Threatening the lives of children just to get everyone to fall in line. Everyone knows that a pack is supposed to take care of one another, not beat up on them. He needs to be stopped Luna. That's why we came here today. Your apart of both packs, I know you can help get things back in order. So I also pledge my loyalty to you Luna Winter" he says bowing his head at me, showing his neck which is the most sensitive part of our body.

One bite and your dead.

I look over to Quil and he gives me a nod, which indicates that I should see if he's telling the truth.

Anyone can swear loyalty and still turn on you. There's a reason my brother and father called me to help with an interrogation.

"Eli, switch spots with Dylan please" he looks at me confused but does so. Dylan knows what I'm doing but he doesn't. "Place your hands on the table, palms up" he sit looks confused but does as told.

I place my hands on his and put both my index fingers on his pulse on his wrists. Soon as I do so his eyes turn completely gray and so dose mine.

This way, I look into his history and see everything he's seen. He's telling the truth and does want my help.

I hear commotion around me but I have to stay focused and make sure I get everything I need so that we can be prepared. Once done, I let go and he sucks in a breath and our eyes turn back to normal.

I look around and see no other than Joshua and Damien but the twins are holding Joshua back and Rox is ignoring Damien.

"What was that?" Eli asks, "Dylan will fill you in but before you leave, exchange numbers with Quil and keep him updated. Dylan, keep me updated understand?" She nods her head and I get up.

"Was he telling the truth?" Rox asks grabbing my arm. I just nod my head and walk over to the twins who's still holding back a very pissed off Joshua. "Let him be" I say to the twins and they move away from him.

"Why are you here?"