Part 4

I don't own anything!

                      -----------------------------------

Luther pulled up the profiles of two men. They were both classified as "Dangerous" and most of them he information was filled in. They had no code names and seemed to be low level terrorists. Ilsa turned to Andi. 

"What exactly did you have that drive, and why did you steal it in the first place?" She frowned at the girl. 

There was silence for a short time, then, "What I was going to do with that file was none of your business whatsoever."

Ilsa only sneered and tipped back her chair and snaked her hand around Andi's throat.

"Listen here little girl, just because you are in this bunker and we helped your sorry little ass doesn't mean I won't hesitate to kill you. I don't want you here and we do not need you at all. I can only assume that no one will be looking for you so I can kill you whenever I want to. Now tell me what you were going to do with that file."

She increased the pressure she was applying to her neck. Protests came from the three other men in the room, mostly Benji.

Andi started to gasp and turn a dark red. Then her lips started to frantically form words soundlessly. Ilsa released her and she collapsed on the table trying to catch up on breath. 

"The," she gasped, "Black market."

"How do you know where a black market is?" Benji asked shocked, "You're like twelve."

"Fourteen," she corrected and Ethan made a mental note, "And I have my connections. For someone living off of nothing it's a pretty good way to make money. Other than the sex market obviously." 

"That still doesn't explain how you knew the file was even going to be exchanged." Luther said, ignoring her last comment, "You would need prior knowledge for that."

She snorted, "I just followed the buyer. Anyone can find anyone if you have the right connections." 

"And what connections do you have?"

"A friend." 

Ethan decided it was best to intervene at that point, "You are going to take us to this black market and you are going to find out all you can about the organization those two" - he pointed at the screen - "work for. After that you will assist us in finding the file and we will determine what to do with you from there." 

Andi barely nodded.

                           -----------------------------------

They were sitting around the table silence. Benji and Luther tapping away at the computers and talking in hushed voices, Ethan pouring over reports and papers and Ilsa doing the same. Andi sat on the raggedy old couch, fiddling with the simple transmitter radio she'd found in a cupboard when looking for something to eat. The static was the only noise in the small room and Ethan found it strangely comforting. It reminded him of long ago nights withJulia. Sitting down to watch a movie with popcorn. Taking a walk in the park without the possibility of being shot at the very front of his mind. He had missed the small things and always would. 

There was a triumphant noise from the couch causing both Ethan and Ilsa to focus on Andi's direction. The sound of slightly staticky voices came over the radio and then a song began. It sounded catchy but Ethan turned back to the papers. 

After a few seconds Benji jumped up and went to sit next to Andi. She looked at him in shock. 

"You like pop?" He asked, "My parents loved old rock so that's what I grew up on. But I am open to other.." He trailed off and then waved his hands around as if to explain his point.