The Beginning

It was a relatively normal day for Peter Parker. After math team he ate a quick dinner with May and "went to bed". In other words, he turned his light off and went under the covers until his aunt fell asleep... and then snuck out through the window with his Spider-Man suit.

Slowly levering himself down the side of the brick apartment, Peter was distracted. He liked to make bets with himself at how many muggings, thefts and miscellaneous petty crimes he could stop in a night. As he swung from building to building he idly wondered what would be first... tonight would be a mugging, he decided. As shrill screams caught the attention of his sensitive ears, Peter knew he was right.

"Please, please don't hurt me. Just let me go, take my wallet, whatever you want. Please!" Her voice was desperate and uneven, and Peter quickly swung down into the dark alley, attaching himself to the side of the brick building and surveying the scene, unnoticed.

There were two men, one holding her hands behind her back and forcing her to kneel before the other, who was holding a gun to her head. Peter shot a web toward the gun and pulled it away from the threat, kicking it behind him as he lowered himself to the ground. "Sorry fellas, looks like you're out of time! Now, why don't you let this kind lady on her way and I can take you to the cops?" His spider sense tingled and he barely ducked in time to watch a dart filled with liquid fly above his head. "Umm... okay! Plot twist then, I'll forcefully take you to the police."

Swinging into the nearest man, Peter kicked him away from the woman and webbed him to the brick apartment wall. He quickly webbed up the second as they had no weapon to defend themself.

Peter then turned to the crying woman, helping her up and saying softly, "Hey, it's okay, I promise. We'll hand these guys over to the cops and get you on your way home. They won't bother you ever again." Putting a hand on her back and leading her away from the alley so she can talk to the police when they arrive, Peter comforts her. He'll be long gone by then anyway.

She sniffed and responded, "No, thank you." Straightening up, she puts a hand on Peter for balance, curling her fingers along his neck. "I'm so sorry for this..."

Peter felt a slight pinch and looked at her in confusion, attempting to grasp onto anything as he fell onto the concrete, all while gazing up into her regret-filled face. The world slowly dimmed and fell out of view, being replaced by small stars in the darkness, and then nothing.

466 words without A/N
Hey! Thanks for reading! I know this is pretty short. Should I continue this? I probably will as it's fun to write, even if it isn't that great... 😁 Comments/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks, Aliyah