Notes

3rd Person POV: Med Bay, Avengers Tower

3/18/19
Peter,
I don't really know why I'm writing these yet. You'll never receive them even if you do wake up. Speaking of, it's been five days. When Steve, Wanda, and I found you I was terrified. You were hanging by your arms but clearly could've been standing if you wanted to. Your face was sunken in and your skin... it was like you were already dead, Peter. We got you back to the tower as fast as we could and the nurses and doctors hooked you up to these fancy machines. That's probably why I can't stand to be in the room. Steve spends all his free time down there, talking to you. I know he feels bad about the whole airport thing. Happy sent me the messages from your phone. I won't admit to crying about that stupid churro story. I'm a man. Iron Man.
Please wake up soon Pete,
Tony

3/27/19
Peter,
It's been two weeks, kid. We're still waiting to bury your aunt because I want you to wake up and be there for it. I know you probably won't forgive me if I do it alone, but I need to soon. I also haven't watched that video the psycho sent of you before you went into your coma. I can't bring myself to. Steve is still talking to you. I think you remind him of Bucky. Since he can't be in Wakanda talking to his best friend, (between me and you there's more than that,) so he does the next best thing... talk to another person that can't judge him and beg for forgiveness he did nothing to need. The doctors say you're getting better and I believe them... I have to. Because I don't know what I'll do if you don't.
Come back,
Tony

4/13/19
Pete,
It's been a month. We had to bury your aunt. I'm so sorry. It was small and beautiful. I didn't show my face, just hung out in the back row of pews. Nobody knows I paid for it, but her friends didn't pay a dime. She's with the rest of your family, Peter. Please just don't join them. The doctors say they don't know why you are still asleep... something about too much trauma, or something along those lines? Not sure. Bruce says to keep up hope and so does Steve, but I can tell Cap doesn't have faith himself. Oh yeah, we also saved the world again! Some stupid alien race decided to attack New York City. (What else is new.) Clint was injured but sadly his mouth was left intact. I probably shouldn't say that. Oh well. I'm not doing too hot, but it is nothing compared to you.
We miss you,
Tony

5/10/19
Pete,
It's been almost two months. We miss you a lot, even the people who haven't met you. They probably miss you because they don't really have me right now. I'm doing even worse than last month, Peter. Everything is dark and even if my hand is touching something or someone is talking to me I can't really feel it, you know? I'm not a part of me. I just want to go into my room and never come out. I'm a shell, making my way through mundane tasks like living and I can't anymore. I can't consider going through a day-to-day routine as a job that has to be done. Rhodey said there was a difference between surviving and living. I now understand what he means. I miss you so much it hurts. I snapped at Steve and told him some things I shouldn't ever say, even if they were true. Natasha told me to go to bed and so I told her to fuck off. She knocked me out and I slept for two days straight. Cap's gone; no one knows where he is. I made him leave. It's all my fault. Please come back soon.
Miss you,
Tony

5/28/19
It's been two and a half months, kid.
I'm going crazy. I can't. Please come back.
Nobody can reach me without my breaking down, so they don't. I need you to come back. Bruce is losing hope.
I haven't seen Steve in two weeks, but Natasha assures me he's fine. Oh yeah, Natasha and I forgave each other. Mostly me because I'm stupid and make too many mistakes, but we're good now.
I just... I can't, Peter.
There's no reason. I messed up the last mission. Fury isn't letting me go on them anymore. He replaced Iron Man with War Machine "for the foreseeable future".  I'm done. Finished. Forcibly retired. Whatever you call it, I'm an unneeded piece of junk. The Dum-E of the team. But at least Dum-E is likable.
If you ever see these I'm gonna have to talk to you for a while, won't I.
Too bad that probably won't happen...
Come back to us,
Tony

1st Person POV/???: Med Bay, Avengers Tower
Too bright.
Too loud.
Beeping? Why is there beeping?
Ugh.
Where's Uncle Ben? He said I could go with him. I want my parents. Let me go home.

"Hey, Peter. Can you open your eyes for me?"

The voice is kind but I don't know who it is.

"Hey Pete. It's us."

Pete? Who's Pete?

"Come on bud, you're doing so good."

I can't. I can't open my eyes. It's too bright behind my eyelids. I groan in response to his words as nothing else in my body seems to work.

The strange man beside me gives a wet laugh. Is he crying? "There you go, kid. Come on."

My eyes slowly flutter open on their own accord and I try and look around but everything is blurry. "Brigh-" I manage to breathe out and he seems to understand. He ducks out of the room and the lights fade, my eyes adjusting and seeing clearer around the room, making out corners and shadows of desks and beds. A different guy comes in and addresses me.

"Hello, Peter. I'm Dr. Banner." Banner? As in Bruce Banner? "Tony said you were awake so I came in to check on you, make sure everything is okay. Is that okay?" Tony?

I stare at him for a while before realizing he probably wants me to answer the question.
"Where am I?"

"Oh! Sorry I didn't address that. After we... found you we decided it was best to bring you here." Avengers tower? What? Why not a normal hospital? The confusion must have shown on my face because the doctor smiled sympathetically and says, "You know how Tony gets when he's protective of someone. Once you are close to him he never lets you go."

"That's fine and-," my voice is scratchy and gross with disuse, "and it's super cool to meet you, doctor, but who's Tony?"

His eyes widen almost comically in shock. "Mr. Stark? Tony? Peter are you feeling okay?"

"Stark? Tony? Like multi-billionaire, Iron Man, Avenger, Tony Stark?"

"...Yes? Is there another Tony Stark I should be aware of?"

"I know Tony Stark?"

His dark eyebrows knit together and he brings his glasses to his hair, resting them in the curls. He sits down in the chair next to my bed and looks at me seriously. "Peter. How much do you remember?"

I think back and no big landmarks stand out... other than Oscorp, but that can't be mentioned "What year is it?"

He counters immediately, responding, "What year is it for you?"

"Umm... 2015?"

_________________________________________
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. (There isn't a good reason)
I'll try to be better! (I won't)
I saw Endgame... It was an experience.
It was so good!!
Also, I don't know why I added that song. It just is pretty and I haven't got it out of my head. I may do that more depending on your reactions. (Nobody is reading this, Aliyah)
Comments/critiques/complements?
Adiós por ahora,
Aliyah