SIXTEEN|the living are amongst the dead

The Vampire Diaries

S3:E22

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica headed to the hospital once she heard Elena had been admitted. Jeremy wouldn't tell her over the phone about what happened since he himself had no idea. Once the brunette arrived, she ran in and immediately spotted Jeremy talking to Meredith.

"What happened?" She asked, walking up beside her brother and the doctor.

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about."

"But she collapsed, there was blood." Jeremy said.

"Honestly, Jeremy, she's okay. She's just...she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you want to call?"

After Jeremy nodded, the doctor walked away, leaving the siblings looking into Elena's room.

"Damon or Stefan?" Jeremy asked, taking a seat in one of the chairs.

"I think she's currently dating Damon, call him." Veronica said.

Jeremy unintentionally laughed before dialing Damon, then handing the phone over to Veronica, not wanting to get yelled at.

"You did what!" Damon spoke from over the phone after Veronica explained what happened.

"Jeremy took her to the hospital. That's what you do when you find your sister unconscious."

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!"

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there." Stefan said, his words making Veronica stick her tongue out at the phone.

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation." Jeremy spoke, taking the phone back from his sister.

"Jeremy and Veronica, get Elena home, we're on our way." Damon said, hanging up the call.

The two siblings sighed. While Jeremy went to persuade Meredith to let Elena leave, Veronica walked into the room and sat next to her sister.

"She's letting Elena leave, c'mon." Jeremy said, then picked Elena up while Veronica carried her clothes in a small plastic bag.

☄. *. ⋆

After calling in some reinforcements, the Gilbert siblings, Matt, Tyler, and Caroline walked into the house.

"Couch." Caroline demanded, leading Elena over to sit down.

"I'm fine. I just want something to eat first."

"I'm on it." Veronica smiled, then went to the kitchen to make something quick.

Soon after Caroline and Tyler left, Stefan walked into the house. The girl finished cooking and placed the food onto the table.

"I made pancakes!" Veronica smiled, helping her sister stand up and walk over to the table.

"Roni, I don't need help walking." Elena smiled, sitting down in one of the seats.

"You're acting like such a mom." Matt said, biting into one of the pancakes.

"I'd be such a great mom." Veronica smiled, then turned to Stefan. "Pancake?"

"I'm good."

"Right, your go-to snack is blood. Forgot." Veronica winked, making the group laugh.

Before anyone else could talk, the doorbell rang. When Elena made a move to get up, Veronica glared.