Chapter 16: Christmas Traditions

"Hunter Hunter I'm going to leave I'll be back to help with cooking" I say shaking him to wake up.

I'm going to do the thing I wanted to do to them for their dad. And just last minute things.

"Wait how are you going to do that" he asks half asleep.

"The bus and I'll walk" I say shrugging

"Where's my shirt I'm up" He says sitting up.

"No, no, it's okay. I need to do this alone you know Christmas shopping and everything"I say pushing him back down.

"Just use my car" He says tired look on his face.

"Okay, but I'm paying you back for gas money" I say as he hands them to me.

"Whatever.. wait why are you getting up" I asked as he gets up.

"I have to get everything ready for tonight"he says

"Oh..um.. my family is coming over tonight." He says, and I nod and leave.

                                * * *

   Hunter told me a few things. That his dad liked and since he likes old school movies. I'm going to give him this tomorrow.

And it's kind of a present for their whole family to experience and I got a whole lot of stuff.

I even got his mother something I've been saying up all year for this since my mother died. she had acquired money from over the years. I used some of that money to pay for it.

So I got the ingredients to make a whole lot of food. I got everything set up all I need to do is wait I see Hunter's house come into view I pull into the driveway and into the garage.

"Hunter, I'm back" I say walking through the door.

"Clare!" I see Ellie running over to me in a elf outfit.

I see Hunter and the kitchen I sneak up behind him.

"Hey" I whispered in his ear.

"Oh, hey, I didn't know you were here." He says.

"I said I was here and look I got a whole lot of ingredients to make tons of desserts" I say unloading all of it. He turns around and noticing that he had a Santa outfit.

"What's what the outfits." I asked.

"It's a tradition, yours is on your bed." He says I race up the stairs in him trailing behind me I open the door and there were close laying out it was no way.

"Morning Mrs. Claus." He says grabbing my waist he starts tickling.

"I told you I wasn't done with you yet" he says winking and it makes me laugh.

"Stop! Stop!" I yell bending over to stop his hands

That seemed to make him pick me up and throw me on the bed to tickle me more.

"Okay, we need to stop James and Ellie are waiting" I whisper as I run my hands through his hair.

"Okay get dressed" he says disappointed.

"Yes, sir" I say grabbing the outfit off the bed then pause and I see hunter making himself comfortable on my bed

"What are you doing" I asked.

"Letting you change" he says eyeing me up and down my eyes.

"I can't while you're in here!" I say referring to the day we met he didn't turn around and just kept walking but I caught him whisper something under his breath.