The Planet broke before the Guard did.

Y/N stood proudly as he gazed at his regiment proudly collected together. To avoid the foul corruption of Chaos he had a priest accompany him at all times, which soothed his mind for the most part. He had sent the planned squad of techpriests and snipers to the Tower, the operation succeeded without issue. However he knew that wouldnt last long, he needed to prepare a defense against enemies who will try and retake the tower. To boost morale he prepared a simple speech.

Y/N: Now Guardsmen, I know what you may belive and I know what many say about the Imperial Guard. They call our weapons flashlights and insult our way of war, sure... We may not be as fast and graceful as the Eldar and we certainly aren't as endless and ever-adaptive as the Tyranids but, a guardsman may stand surrounded by the enemy, out of ammunition with broken bayonet yet still, HE WILL FIGHT WITH THE FEROCITY OF THE ENTIRE IMPERIUM! REMEMBER BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THE PLANET BROKE BEFORE THE GUARD DID!

And with that the soldiers cheered with pride and renewed hope, and to add onto that Y/N received a radio transmission directly from Segmentum Command.

The war has just begun.

Now this may not be what you are used to, extremly short yes, however it is an introduction for whats to come. Stay tuned.