V. Hope Here Needs A Humble Hand

The alpha crashes through his door, hands over his eyes as tears pour down his cheeks and onto the hardwood beneath him. He faints on his bed, sobbing into the sheets. The sun migrates across the quilt, signifying a new day, one that deems pessimistic for the leader of Greycrest. Not unless, however, his favorite beta can be of some aid and kindness.

"J, darling, it's okay, don't cry," The brunette soothes, closing the entrance with a squeak and bolting it with the deadbolt above the knob. Marcus comes to squat next to the withering Jools, his hand lowering onto his stern and rubbing slightly over his shaking build. "I'm used to being called a faggot, it's alright."

"That's not what I'm upset about," He mourns, curling his body up into a vague ball. "I'm-I'm a bad alpha. I'm a faulty alpha, Marcus!"

"No, you're not, you're incredible," The bigger man disregards, his fingers running through dense platinum locks. He tucks them behind the older's pointy ears, tracing the frame of them slowly to unwind his friend. "You're a great alpha, Jools."

Julian sways his head, whimpering into his hands. "Everybody is starving because of me. We haven't had any new pups born in the past two springs, either-" He stops to let out a yawn midsentence, choking up. "I-I'm fucking sick of being in administration if I can't do anything right. We would be 400 acres into Defiant if my dad were still alive!"

The beta tsks, bringing the golden-haired boy up to lay his head in his thighs. He cleans the tears from underneath his red eyes, leaning down to caress his lips before Jools sniffles and ruins the moment. Marcus bears a broken smile, stifling up the courage to kiss him again.

"T-Thanks." Jools takes a deep breath, calming down after a few kisses and small-nothings. "You always know how to calm me down. After all, you're gonna be my mate, I wouldn't expect any less..."

"I'm trying very hard to earn that," The opposite mumbles, stroking the man's cheek. Oh does Julian love affection; he loves being touched and kissed, loved on, treated like he was royalty and the most beautiful thing in the world. He swallows up every second of Marcus' caress. "I wish you would just tell me what exactly you wanted me to do... if you want me to kill someone, just tell me Jools, and I will! I swear I will!"

"Oh, darling," Jools remarks, peering up at his friend and permitting his hands to wrap around the beta's neck, choking so slightly it causes the brunette to swallow, his Adam's Apple gliding inside his throat. "I don't want you to kill anyone. I just want you to show that you're not going to leave me and that I'm not wasting my time with you."

Dumbfoundedly, Mark squints his golden eyes and lets his lips part, leaning down to pecker them around the alpha's chin. "I won't leave you. I'm yours; I don't even care if I'm property as long as I can see you every day. You're so special..."

Letting out a long sigh, Andrew considers his words and slowly taps on the door to Jools' private suite, pressing his forehead to the wood and shuffling his feet. Inside he hears the voices of both the man and his favorite beta, a small groan escaping his lips knowing Marcus was here to get rid of him. Gone were the days where his friend would love his company; before he deemed that his life was owed to their leader, the boy hated being a monster just as much as his best mate did. Now, it seemed he cherished every single second of it and more.

"What do you want?" Julian roars from inside, apparently ticked. He blows his almost-white hair out of his eyes, concentrating as it settles behind his display. "If you're coming to beg for food, we don't have any!"

"Uh, it's Davie, sir," The musician conjures up, chewing on his bottom lip of weak pink flesh. It was depressing that the situation had come to the point where Davie was admitting one of his biggest secrets since finding her in the woods just a few weeks ago, but it demanded to be done so that Ginger may be able to live peacefully among the pack members for the time being. Everything he did from now on was for her- and solely her. "I have to ask you a question and I would prefer not to be judged by your friend in there."