Robin Hood and the Chicken

So last night I decided I should watch the Disney version of Robin Hood. I have never seen it before and was looking forward to it. However about 5minutes in I got bored and decided to write this little story whilst watching it. I mean no disrespect to the movie, it was a great kids movie, but I found it weird and boring but got great joy from writing this story! (Also, any spelling mistakes in Roland's speech are deliberate.)

Enjoy my dears :)

"What is that? A chicken? A chicken is narrating my story? You've got to be kidding me! Who narrates your story?" Robin exclaimed turning to Regina who just chuckled at him, opening her mouth to respond when Robin cut her off, "Little John and I most certainly do not skip down a path together!" Robin then laughed, "although that is an accurate portrayal" he mutters as little john tumbles into the water. Robin wrapped his arm loosely around Regina's shoulder, pulling her closer.

Roland, who was sitting on the floor in front of them in one of the kids fold out lounges, looked up at his father with a cheeky smile "r'member the time you fell into the river daddy?"

"Shh boy! Don't go telling everyone, I have a reputation to uphold."

Henry snorted for the other side of the room, draped over a single armchair "oh I like that! Sneaky buggers." He said watching Robin and Little John disappear into the trees.

"You couldn't lift Little John if you tried dear, although the cocky and smug behaviour of the fox definitely rings true." Regina said with a wink, causing Robins arm to tighten around her.

He's rebuff is lost however when his attention is drawn back to the tv, "Nobody ever calls me ROB! I would not allow it." He said firmly, grumbling as he settled down next to Regina.

"Borrow" Henry laughs from across the room, as Robin the fox declares they don't steal they borrow. "It's totally thieving even if you don't want to admit it."

"Hey I have admitted it's stealing, don't confuse me with that fox!"

"Why are the elephants wearing clothes Regina?" Roland cuts in,

"So they don't get cold dear."

"Oh okay." Roland said like it was so obvious and he couldn't believe he didn't realise that. After a moment he added "but why are they pink?"

"They must be girl elephants" Henry provides with a smile.

"Oh I love that. King John sucking his thumb, I can see that." Robin chuckled as Regina curled up beside him, her head coming to rest on his shoulder.

"The King's a lion and you're just a little fox. That must hurt dear." She teased as Robin's face contorted into a grimace.

"Daddy, Daddy look! You and Little John are dressing like girls" the little boy burst into laughter.

"We have never done that! Ever! This movie is ridiculous."

"Look at your skirt daddy! You're so funny" Robin just grumbles.

"Hey Roland, your daddy is wearing makeup too!" Henry says, riling Roland up.

"Really?!" the boy jumps up and looks at Robin as Regina laughed.

"On the tv dear." She provided

"Oh"

"King John was ridiculously stupid. At least they got that right." Robin groan in annoyance.

"Those guards are really stupid aren't they Regina." Roland said thoughtfully.

"Oh I know dear. My guards were never that stupid."