Chapter 1 - Katherine

Luke took me out to dinner to celebrate our 10 month anniversary. He brought me out to the nicest restaurant in town and insisted I ordered anything I want. Luke was so perfect. He was the sweetest guy I've ever known. I sometimes thought to myself "what did I do to deserve him?" I didn't run charities, or build schools, or work with disabled children. I was just plain old me. Katherine Marie O'Donnell.

The waiter came to our table and poured the wine that Luke ordered for us then left the bottle. Then the waiter came back to ask for our orders. "I will have the fish please." I said politely "and I would like the lamb chop." "Sure" the waiter said enthusiastically.

Luke looked at me and smiled. I wasn't smiling back at him. "Smile, you're beautiful when you smile." He said to me. "Luke, are you sure you want to be eating here?" "Of course I do Kat." And we both leaned over the table and kissed. We waited for about 15 minutes until our food came. It was delicious. We ordered a slice of cheesecake to share for dessert, it was our favorite.

After dessert Luke look kind of nervous. He started to get out of his seat but then he got down on one knee.

He pulled a jewelry box out of his pocket and he said Katherine Marie O'Donnell, I'm in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I was in awe. I sat with my mouth gaping open for at least 10 seconds. "Luke... I'm speechless... I love you to, but I just don't think I'm ready for this kind of commitment yet."

"I just want you to be happy Katherine." He said looking at the ground as he put the box back into his jacket and sitting back down.