Chapter 44: Bestfriend's Kiss

Rosé

I forgot that I forgot you.

< >

I told Daniel what happened to me. I was surprised when he said that he'll be the one who'll pick me up. To be honest, I'm relieved when I got to talk to him again. It was nice.

"So you'll go back now?" Aunt Jodee obviously don't want me to go. If I have a choice, I want to stay here for awhile but the girls are probably worried and my schedule is packed. I can't risk my job.

"I'll visit you if I have time" I reassured her.

We are currently at a restaurant in the town. I treat Uncle Lino and Aunt Jodee since they help me stay the night and morning with them. They are just so nice, I hope a lot of people are like them.

"Did you call your ex?" She asked, I laughed it off and told her that he's my ex bestfriend.

"He said he might be here in like an hour or so since he's shooting near here. Oh 40 minutes has passed" I was glad that he's not in Seoul and is in Incheon which is quite near Gwangjeong. Jeez I hope that we're not awkward when we see each other. We'll see each other soon again.

I dropped my chopsticks on the table as I finished eating when suddenly the man who works at the phone repair shop called out to me. "The person that you called awhile ago, called back and told me that he's at the town's plaza"

I thanked him, left the money on the table and ran towards the plaza. The husband and wife are trailing behind me. Why is he so early?

I stopped on my tracks when I saw him. There. Standing. So. Gorgeously. Damn it.

I regain my composure and slowed down my pace. He then turned his head towards me and immediately stand right up. Gosh I think he also thinks how awkward this is.

I finally reached where he stand. Neither of us talk, we just stare at each other. Nervously.

"Oh. Kang Daniel? The famous Kang Daniel?!" Aunt Jodee screamed like a teenage fan girl. Well every Korean knows who Kang Daniel is, not a surprise there. "You didn't tell me that your ex bestfriend is Kang Daniel"

Daniel's obviously was embarrased as his face flushed red. His ears turned bright red as he nervously scratch his head.

"Sorry for bothering you" I turned my attention to him. It's really embarassing to tell him to fetch me here. Gosh why did I do that?

"It's alright. I enjoy driving to provinces" he stated.

"You two should go now. I'll take care of your car and call you once it's done" Aunt Jodee told us as she shoo us both.

We bid our farewell goodbyes as I entered Daniel's car. It was the same car that we last get on before. Gosh how did we end up being like this? Being so near but so far at the same time?

Daniel started the car as the town suddenly becomes smaller and smaller as we drove away. There was just a dead silence between us for about half an hour. No one dared to speak. I should probably be the one who should start a convo since I'm the one whose at fault for making him come here."I'm really sorry to make you go all the way here just to help me. I actua---"