Tig Trager

Genevieve and her daughter, Billy, had just returned home from school, Billy's backpack discarded to the floor as Genevieve placed her keys into the bowl next to the door, she could hear the sound of Billy's  shoes hitting the wooden floor as she ...

Genevieve and her daughter, Billy, had just returned home from school, Billy's backpack discarded to the floor as Genevieve placed her keys into the bowl next to the door, she could hear the sound of Billy's  shoes hitting the wooden floor as she kicked them off.

"Mommy is Tiggy in the garage?" She asked in her small voice as she looked up at her with her blue eyes, that looked so much like her father's, and thankfully like Genevieves current old man.

"He probably is. Do you wanna go check?" She smiled as she started towards the hallway that connected to the garage, you saw her peck around the corner and then her scream with excitement, "DADDY!"

In that moment she felt her heart plummet, her daughter was 7 now, but when she left Billy's biological father she was 3. She knew who her real father was, and always called him daddy when she saw him. He hadn't seen her in three years though, apparently he didn't think he should have to see her if Gen was dating someone else. He was an asshole, and at the sound of her daughter's shout, she was standing in the garage.

Before Gen could even react she was sprinting for the garage, her feet pounding against the wood, as I lunged forward to stop her, when my eyes followed the path she was taking though she was stunned.

For in the garage was a man sitting on a stool in front of his Harley, a man with curly black hair and piercings blue eyes. At the sound of the shout he turned his head, and looked at the little girl bonding towards him, prepared to catch her as she wrapped her arms around him, not phased by the obvious grease stains on his front. He slowly wrapped his own arms around her as she lightly kissed his cheek and proclaimed, "I missed you Daddy."

"I missed you too baby girl." He replied as he ran a dirty hand through her black hair, his eyes meeting Genevieves as she smiled, glad it wasn't her ex in there. She could see the tears begin to tickle his eyes, as they also tickled hers.
"So Daddy do you think that uncle Clay would give you the 24th of October off? My class is having a parent come in from each family and talk about their jobs, and then we are all going to have a party afterwards."
"Well don't you think your mom should go?" He whispered, Gen now leaned against the doorway, watching as her daughter turned towards her.
"She always does it, besides she works with Jillian's mom, and she is coming in to talk. So I want you to come." She smiled as the tear fell from his eye.
"Yea, I am sure Uncle Clay can give me it off."
"Yay!" She exclaimed loudly before turning back to you, "can I get a cookie from the jar?"
"Yeah baby." Gen answered as she ran from you both, leaving you speechless. The silence blanketing Genevieve until it was finally broken....
"She called me Daddy."