Chapter 4

Sasha grabbed Kaela's arm with one hand, the woman on her left with the other.

"Oh dear, I hope he doesn't fall. Oh isn't this just amazing," the woman cried.

Throughout the duration of the show, Sasha, Kaela and the woman had bonded over the shared shock they had over some of the performances. The knife thrower, flame eater and trapeze artist had warranted these responses, the daring ways in which they flipped and turned and twisted had the three practically weeping into each other's arms.

"And now-"

The intonation swamped the tent, echoing across the space.

"Please welcome, the tightrope walkers."

Applause shook the tent. Sasha smiled, clapping along. Turning to see the performers coming out, she gasped, the smile slipping off her face. It was him. The same guy. The same guy she thought had been a stage hand. He was a performer. A tightrope walker.

No longer covered in black, he was fitted snugly in a faded forest green tracksuit, glitter dancing across his chest. He raised his arms, hands clasped with his fellow performers as he bowed. Letting go, he grabbed hold of the bar, muscles tensing as he balanced it horizontally. Leaning out of the platform, Sasha gasped, eyes trained on the boy, squeezing Kaela's hand so tight that her sister looked over at her strangely.

"Ow, Sash you're killing my hand right now."

Sasha looked down at their clasped palms, immediately loosening her hold on Kaela. "I'm sorry."

She turned her attention back quickly to the boy. Kaela looked between the two, eyes narrowed.

"Is that the boy you were looking at earlier?"

Sasha smirked whilst continuing to look out to the stage. "I thought you didn't recognize him."

Allowing a quick look towards her sister, Sasha laughed at Kaela's expression, a mix of knowing and exasperation.

"You fancy him don't you?"

Sasha shoved Kaela's shoulder gently. "Shut up, let me watch," she said with a smile, turning her attention back to the boy, now half way down the tightrope, balancing on one foot.

Ignoring her sister shaking her head besides her, Sasha acknowledged her smile with a quick squeeze of her hand before both sisters returned their attention to the show-and boy-in front of them.