Magic Accident

Marco woke up startled after being hit by one of Star's emotion-fueled spells, normally those ended up on huge disasters. But waking up in his room, he thought all of it as a nightmare.

After seeing the hour on the clock, Marco started changing hurriedly or he would be late for classes. He practically flew to the bathroom to comb his hair quickly but when he saw his reflexion, he screamed.

"What happened Marco?!" Star exclaimed entering the bathroom--since the door was open she didn't need to knock.

Marco wasn't going to tell her that he was supposed to look much older than what appeared in his reflexion--not the 32 he had, he didn't look that old--, instead of a 16-year-old, he saw his 14-year-old self. Star was also in her 14-year-old self.

He looked through the window as if that would give him answers and, surprisingly, it did. There, in the sky, he saw a red moon. Now he was starting to panic, why was he in his past self and why is there was a blood moon outside?

"No-nothing Star, I think I saw a spider..." he managed to say. A lot of questions were swarming in his mind.

"Oh, don't worry Marco but you should hurry if you wanna get in time to school!" she said with a friendly smile, one that Marco hadn't seen in more than a year directed to him specifically.

"Su-sure," he stuttered. "Just, one question Star. What day is it?"

What Star replied shooked him, it was the same day that the Blood Moon Ball happened.

"I'll be going in a minute, wait for me in the living room," he practically begged with no air in his lungs, fortunately, she didn't seem to notice and did as he requested her. As soon as she was out, Marco locked himself in.

How was it possible?

Was it possible that Star sent him to the past before all their problems began?

She was quite powerful and sometimes her spells did weird things but... was it possible that his friend broke through space and time?

If someone could, he was sure Star was the one. She had a knack of doing the impossible.

That meant he could do everything right this time. He was determined to do so.

------

" Nope-nope-nope-nope-nope. You need to leave right now. Take your carriage and fire and dead horse, and go back to the underworld," Star said giving Tom his things and walking away while his horse asked sadly, "Wait. I'm dead?"

"Oh, come on, Starship!" Tom said playfully swiping Star off her feet with flames and levitating her into his arms. "It's the Blood Moon Ball! It only happens once every 667 years."

Star fliped out of Tom's arms. "We broke up! Period!"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Star, hang on. I'm a changed man, okay? I've got a life coach, Brian," Tom insisted as a chubby middle-aged man stuck out his head from the carriage with a bunny in his arms.

"Hey," Brian said giving the bunny to Tom before entering again.

"He's awesome," said he and then motioned towards the bunny. "A happy bunny. And, I have been anger-free for 53 days." He showed a button on his shirt that read 53 DAYS ANGER FREE.

"53?" inquired Star.

"Don't you want to pet my bunny?" he asked her, the bunny winked at her.

"Hiii-yah!" Marco suddenly entered and chopped off Tom's right hand. The hand still moving around on its own gave Marco a little chill. "Back off, demon!"