Chapter 2: Re-introductions

"Sabrina I swear to god I am going to dig a hole and crawl in it" I yelled into my pillow as she just laughed. 

"Abigail it's just a name. Do you know how many Grayson's they are in the country alone?" She answered in order to try and help me. Oh honey, I already had this thought process an hour ago. 

"Yeah. I've been there. Since 1880 there have been around 31,000 Grayson's in the US" I muttered back, the fabric was muffling my words but I still got my point across.

I felt the weight of her body next to me in the bed and I just stayed still while she played with my hair. She knew it helped me calm myself down and right now I needed that. "It's not gonna be him, and even if it is by some coincidence of the world he can go and kiss your ass. Do not go and overthink about this asshole who made it pretty clear he didn't care about you or your feelings".

Well damn, years later and it still hurt to even think about.  That complete indifference towards me the remaining months from the school year. You think you know someone and then they treat you like shit and never speak to you again. 

I mean it's not like I even wanted for him to try to explain but he didn't even try.  I think that hurt me even more than the cheating, the thought of forgiving him even crossed my mind. I loved him so much that I didn't even want to lose him. If he would've followed me out that day I would've. And yet he did nothing, he saw my terrible state for weeks and he didn't do shit.

That's when I discovered that there really was a fine line between love and hate. A really thin line and it only takes one cheating asshole showing his true colors for me to cross over. 

"It's okay, I'm just going to drown my feelings away tonight. What time is it?" I asked and she looked at her cellphone before telling me it was almost 7pm. 

We live down the hall and we like to be fashionably late always but I'm trying to look good and I still have some of my last night endeavors as evidence from the exhaustion on my face. 

It took us almost 2 hours between washing our hair, makeup and picking out an outfit. "Should I go all black or do a splash of colors with the red boots?" I asked dangling my two choice of shoes for her.

"Oh definitely the red, it looks hot as fuck" She said as she checked herself out in the mirror. Well Lucas certainly was in for a treat because she definitely looked better than me. As if on cue her phone rang and her newly pronounced boyfriend's face popped up on the caller ID. 

 "Put on those boots, I'm going to get Lucas" She said picking up her phone and walking out of my room. 

I lowered my leather skirt because well no explanations are necessary. I make bad decisions daily but at least I can look good for a night. I could her the bass of the music already at my room and that pre-party buzz was eating at me. I'm already tired of being fashionably late, I just want to go already. Especially after all the memories that have resurfaced from just hearing one name. 

I just need a drink. 

We had to wait for Lucas to go to the bathroom before we could leave the apartment, but as soon as we did we could see the hallway crowded with people and the lazy decorations of the disco balls and the changing lights made by Spencer or Rodriguez probably an hour before the "party" started since when I got back from the stores the hallway was as clean as a whistle. 

We pushed past people until we finally reached the drink station, we placed down our contribution to the party and opened up a few can beers for ourselves. I downed that first one in under a minute. Yeah tomorrow is not going to be good for me.