Only the smug survive.. LDB-Daughters pt1

It's been just over a month since we started college and I don't think any of us has managed to really have a social life outside of hanging out with our dad's since we got dropped off for school. Well, except our dirty little Cordie. Who knew she has such a risky frisky streak in her?

I'm just glad tonight we can unwind. I had to call my mom and beg for help to have this weekend alone, so we better enjoy it. After hours of debating where to go and one of my awesomely effective pro/con lists, we decided to pay homage to our parents and come to the famed 'Rich Man's Shoe'. However, I'm not sure what the big deal was with this place as it's quite divey. I wouldn't have expected a place like this to be our parents' "scene", but it has a nice relaxed vibe, so maybe.

We grab our first round of drinks from the bar and make our way to a back booth. Once we sit we notice there is engravings of names on the table. We think it's odd, but we look closer and see our parent's names carved in. The detail tells me it was uncle Finn. He has a love for woodwork and is quite good at it. It's weird to think I am sitting in the exact same spot my parents sat all the years, but there is no denying it. Right in front of me there is a L. Huntzberger & R. Gilmore-H and next to me is C. McCrae & S. Vanderbilt which lets me know most of the time our moms sat on our dad's laps. Not surprising as they still do. What made me giggle was that on the opposite side of mom and dad's names was F. Morgan and direct opposite him was R. I'm not going home with you Astor. We've all heard tales of uncle Finn's persistent pursuit of aunt Rose, so this causes us to all giggle.

I finish off my Martini and push Jana up so I can slide out of the booth and then quickly fix my skirt "Anyone need another drink while I'm at the bar?" I ask.

Jana downs her drink quickly and says, "Yep, I'm coming with. We need shots. It's time to get out of our heads and enjoy our freedom! We need something fun to get us started. So, girls, finish those damn drinks! We are coming back with refills and shots. Then we dance!" Jana pulls my arm like somehow, I was holding her up when it was my idea to go in the first place.

We make our way up to the overcrowded bar. I'm not at all sure how we are going to get a drink with the amount of people. But leave it to Jana. She walks right behind the bar and says, "Excuse me, love, I need drinks for me and my friends and as you seem busy I will just get them for myself." If I wasn't used to her brash actions, I would be mortified, but this is just how Jana is. No one stands in the way of her and her alcohol. I can't help but giggle at the befuddled expression on the bartender's face. She immediately turns red and then shoos Jana out from behind the bar who returns to me and says, "Well, that woman is rude. You would think she didn't need the help when it is so obvious she does."

I hear a husky voice speak just loud enough to be heard over the music playing. I turn to see an attractive, tall brunette boy with the most amazing emerald green eyes, and perfectly chiseled jaw with a smug smirk playing on his perfectly pouty lips. "Yeah, Sasha tends to frown upon people coming behind the bar and taking over. It's almost as if this is her job or something."

I take him all in and, yep, he must be society with his fitted khaki slacks and gray quilted suit jacket. He's not Connecticut society or Grandma Shira would have tried to marry me off to him by now. However, the smugness and condescending way in which he speaks screams 'rich boy', "You and Sa--sha old friends I take it? You should tell Sasha if she wants to make any tips she should serve her customers. I can't imagine a bartender who wouldn't want tips. I happen to know my friends and I are excellent tippers when the bartender does her job."

He stands up a little straighter and smiles. Before he can respond, an annoying blonde wraps around him giggling. I recognize this bubblehead from our attempt at "Rush week". It was too much to hope she didn't recognize me. She does. "I know you, you came to our house for rush week. And then you turned down our bid. Corgi is it?" She says in a snotty condescending way.