two

dedication to sugarplumluke bc ily and your stories

Once I got inside, back into my old room, I did the normal thing which a normal person would do after finding out such confusing news: scream into my pillow.

It wasn't that I was mad about Luke getting married, I was just angry at the fact that he never even told me that he was so serious about this girl. Whenever he would talk about her to me over the phone, he never seemed so keen - it was pretty surprising to hear that they were now engaged. I wanted to ask Luke thousands of questions, wanting him to explain every little detail to me, but this was none of my business and I guess I just had to let him do what he thinks is right.

I ran a long hot bath, using my sister's Beyonce Knowles shower gel because let's be honest - who doesn't want to smell like Beyonce? Then, I made my way into my bedroom to choose an outfit out of my suitcase for tonight at Luke's house. I was dead nervous to finally meet this girl because I felt like Luke's such an important part to my life - so obviously she must be too. 

As I pull out a black fitted lace dress from my suitcase, which I had folded neatly, there's a knock on my bedroom door. I shout for the person to come inside, looking around to see my sister Hannah at the doorway. She was wearing her fluffy pink dressing gown and shower cap, holding up the orange bottle of Beyonce shower gel - looking to me with fury. For an older sister, she could be pretty immature and annoying sometimes. All of the time.

"Did you use my shower gel?" She questions, waving the bottle in the air. 

I let out a groan and roll my eyes before responding. "No..."

"If you're seriously going to stay here, please don't touch my shit, Lorrie," Hannah rants on, not taking my facial hints to remove herself from my bedroom. "Speaking of which, I thought you weren't coming back until next Friday."

"Something came up," I sigh. "Now, please get out, Hannah."

Hannah continues to linger in the doorway, leaning against the wooden frame and continuing not to take the hint. She furrows her eyebrows and adjusts the baby blue cap on her head, making me more aggravated.

"Mom and Dad are making me go over to the Hemmings place later, any ideas why?" Hannah queries.

I consider for a moment telling her why, but she'd just say some unfair things about Luke which I didn't want to hear about right now. Hannah always made fun of mine and Luke's friendship, she always said that one day we'll fall in love like those movies - but we all knew that would never happen. Even my mum said that our friendship is way too good to risk it for love. Besides, I never felt that way towards Luke and he never felt that way towards me. Perhaps there was that one time, but it was forever ago.

"How should I know?" I ask, pulling out a black pair of heels from my suitcase.

"Because you know more about Luke than Luke knows about himself," Hannah points out, although I couldn't exactly deny her statement. 

"Luke has something he wants to say." I shrug, walking over to shut the curtains so that I can get changed. I could still feel Hannah hovering in the doorway as her eyes burned into my back, as she knew that I already knew something she didn't. Hannah detested people knowing something that she didn't.

"Right," Hannah nods, pressing the shower gel to her lips as she thinks. "What's so important that everyone has to be there, though?"

"Not sure, knowing Luke, it's probably about his pet hamster learning a new trick." I say. Hannah rolls her eyes at my answer, turning around to finally exit the room to my pleasure.