four

It wasn't Luke's fault at all - I knew that. It was just something within me that wanted this to not be happening. I still remember Luke and I riding our bikes up and down our streets; those simpler times where our biggest concern was which teacher was being the cruelest each day - but now that was all about to change. Luke's getting married and me being the selfish bitch I seem to be, can't even manage to be happy for him because of my own fear of growing up and leaving behind the past. 

I feel pathetic, sitting here moping over something which happened years ago - but how can you possibly forget the person who humiliated and belittled you for so long? I knew that Luke and I would make up within no time, but it was hard to comprehend where we would go from here. For the time being, I'm quite enjoying time alone with my family - although there hasn't been a day over this week where I haven't wanted to run over to Luke's house and apologise. Irrelevant of my feelings towards the girl - he's in love - who am I to stop that? 

With reluctance and swallowing my pride in a huge gulp, I knock on the door to Luke's parent's house. The whole way here, I'd been rehearsing what I would say without coming across like a sulking child once again. The door swung open and I was greeted by a tall figure - it just happened to not be Luke. Amber was gorgeous - you definitely could not take that away from her. She was leaned against the door frame wearing her Calvin Klein bralette and underwear, emphasizing her tanned dainty frame - for a moment I could have sworn I was in love with her too. 

"Lorrie," she finally spoke, after giving me a full ten seconds of making sure I'm feeling insecure as hell, "can I help you?"

"I was wondering if Luke's home, I need to speak to him." My words stumble out, as I attempt to browse over her shoulder to scout for any sign of Luke. 

"He's in the shower," she says, "would you like to come inside?"

I nod, stepping into the familiar household, which had not changed a bit since I was here years ago. The two of us silently walk into the kitchen, where Amber resumes sipping her coffee and leans against the opposite counter to me. There was an awkward silence filling the room as we both glared anywhere but at each other. I could hear the shower running upstairs and was just praying Luke would hurry up and save me from this situation.

"So, Lorrie," Amber spoke, "what do you do nowadays?"

Not much. "You know, the usual, I guess."

She frowns at me, bringing her long natural hair to her front and twirls it around her index finger. I must admit, she was extremely attractive and enough to make my potato looking self feeling very insecure. She doesn't speak; she just glares at me intently - making me feel uncomfortable and swallowing all the pride I may have left within me. I look to the concrete ground, not being able to face her and her intimidating smirk for any longer.

Finally there was thumping down the stairs and Luke appeared. He grinned at me, running his hand through his natural golden curls and bit on his lip. He seemed to always do this when in uncomfortable situations. This was definitely one of those times.

"What brings you here this fine morning?" Luke grins, knowing he has got me exactly where he wants me - forgiving him like the fool I am always for his devilish self. 

I shrug, "you know, was just passing by and thought I'd bless you with my face."

Luke chuckles. I flick my eyes to Amber, who is on the other hand rolling her eyes and crosses her arms abruptly before speaking to Luke, "remember sweetheart, we have plans today."

Luke nods, before looking at me again, "Lorrie, this isn't a great time..."

"Yes, see you next week perhaps?" Amber says. God, I want to slap her. However, at the same time, she wears her smugness so well. 

"No!" Luke quickly speaks, "Amber, why don't you get ready - I just need to talk to Loz."

Amber reluctantly sighs and gives in. She shakes her head in dismay before storming away, flicking her hair in my direction. Honestly, I'd love to take a pair of scissors and chop it all off. However, ladies do not do such thing.

Good thing I am no lady, I guess.

Luke and I are stood facing each other on the porch as he closes the door behind him and steps outside. It's strange; I rarely feel nervous around Luke but for some reasons butterflies filled my stomach and my heart was racing as though adrenaline was suddenly filling my body. My neck cranes to look up to his tall frame, finally meeting his eyes. They are my favourite shade of blue - an alluring, pale aqua resembling a Caribbean ocean which anyone could lose themselves within for days - trust me, you wouldn't mind being shipwrecked within the beauty of his eyes.

"I'm really glad you're here  Loz," Luke chews on his lip, seeming to be nervous. Like I said, we're never nervous around each other and suddenly something within our dynamic felt odd. 

I can't help myself but grin the second he announces that he's happy to see me. "I was selfish. If Amber makes you happy, then I'm happy."

A huge grin spreads across Luke's face before his arms are entangled around my small frame and he is squeezing me tight. As his body is pressed to mine, my mind begins to daze into a vision of Luke and I staying like this forever - him only ever holding me in this way and only ever wanting to treat me in this way with love and tenderness. Something had definitely changed and I knew exactly what it was: I love this boy.

But, he loves someone else. 

OMG I'M BACK HAHAHAHAHAHAHA