Chapter 1

I'm dating professional football player, Tony Romo, who is very controlling and could eventually be abusive. He's never really done anything to me that abusive, but it could happen very soon. At first, he was really sweet and now, he's like Satan's little helper. All of my friends and family warned be about him, but I never listened. For the last few days, we've been okay, until tonight. Tonight, he had a football party thing and I didn't want to go.

"Carrie! Let's go!" he yelled as I didn't budge from the couch. "Carrie!" he shouted even louder which mad me jump. I still didn't answer.

He walked towards the door and yelled something, but he was an idiot so I never really payed attention to what he said. I heard a loud noise as he slammed the door. It sounded like glass. I made sure is car was gone when I got up to see what happened. I walked over to the front door and the top of the door, which had a peice of glass, was cracked.

"Are you serious?" I thought to myself.

I was so sick and tired of him. I just needed to go away to where he couldn't find me for a while. I decided to go off to my mom's house for the week. I packed my bags as fast as I could and I grabbed my car keys and I drove there instead of flying. I called my mom and told her I was coming, but I didn't tell her why. She would be all, "I told you so.", amd I really didn't want to hear that right now. She agreed to me going, so I drove for about 8 hours until I reached Checotah. I pulled up at my mom's and my started buzzing.

36 miscalls from Tony. Oh well. I locked my phone and walked inside. My dad immediately jumped up and hugged me, as well as my mom.

"What brings you here, Care?" my dad asked.

"Nothing, I just missed everyone and I had the week off, so I'd thought I come." I said trying to avoid Tony's name as much as possible.

"Where's Tony?" my mom asked.

"Uh, I think he had some type of football party." I said.

"Oh." she replied.

My phone buzzed again. This time in was a text message, from Tony, with some choice words. Geez, what a jerk.

"I think I'm going to bed." I said hugging my mom and dad.

"Care, its only 6:30 pm." my mom said. "You didn't even eat yet." she added.

"I'm not hungry, I'm just tired." I said and went to my room.

My phone lit up as I plugged it into the charger. Tony was calling. I thought I'd answer so he'd leave me alone.

"Hello?" I said nervously.

"Where are you?! I've been calling you and texting you for hours you little brat!" he shouted.

"Look, Tony. We aren't working out. I don't want to do this anymore. Goodbye." I said.

"Don't you hang up on me. I will find you. Trust me." he said.

"Goodbye, Tony." I said hanging up the phone.

Finally, free. Or at least I thought.