Chapter 3

"Carole Underwood?" I heard and jumped out of my seat.

"Yes?" I said.

"You may see Carrie. She is in a coma and there is a 99% chance she won't wake up. We are most likely just going to have to pull the plug. We just need to get your signature for it. I'm very sorry." the doctor said.

I fell in Stephen's arm and tears streamed down my face.

As I calmed down, we all followed the doctor to a special room to sign the papers. I was shaking as I wrote 'Carole Underwood' on the paper. We then followed him to Carrie's room. Even though she was unresponsive, I knew she was in pain. She'd be somewhere better. The doctor let us stay with her pretty much all night just in case she woke up.

"Let's just all get some sleep." I said.

"No. Not until Carrie wakes up." Stephanie said.

"Stephanie, she's going to be someplace better. Maybe this happened for a reason." I said.

"You think Carrie was shot for a reason?!" she said getting angry.

I didn't even answer her. I just sat back and,prayed to myself.

Eventually everyone fell asleep and it was just Stephanie up.

**Stephanie's POV**

As I sat there in a cold, dark hospital room, all I was looking at was Carrie's beautiful face glowing in the dark. As long as that machine was still beeping, I was happy. I curled up in the chair I was sitting it and watched her sleep. My little sister. Why her?

Since I was not going to sleep until she woke up, I decided to get on my phone. I was on it for quite a bit until I saw Carrie's leg move. Then, I heard her call my name, very weakly though.

"Steph?" she said.

"I'm here, Care." I said grabbing her hand.

"What happened?" she said grabbing the wound.

"You were shot.." I said.

"Oh, yeah I remember. Shouldn't you tell the doctors I'm awake?" she said.

"Yeah." I said pressing the button. In a matter of seconds the room was lit up with light and people. My mom, dad and sister were up and watching Carrie getting checked out.

They all left and it was just us 5.

"Carrie, promise you won't ever leave me?" I said.

"Never." she said.