Chapter one.

Pain.

That was all Jean felt. Every day. All day. He knew he couldn't fight back.He knew he was weak, but he also knew he was strong enough to fight back.

Why he never did? He didn't know. He closed his eyes tightly and braced himself for another blow to the face. It unexpectedly went to his side though and he fell over, trying not to cry. Though he was failing at that. He stared up at the ceiling, the beige color blurred from his tears.

"Get up.."

Growled the person that was beating him. 

His Father.

Or so the man said he was. This man looked nothing like him and Jean was smart enough to know that he wasn't conceived by that.

Jean resisted the urge to just curl up in a ball and go to sleep.

He sat up only to receive a kick across the face. His eyes widened as blood started to rush from his mouth and onto the carpet.

Oh no

"Look what you've done!" Jeans so called father roared as he saw blood start to stain the carpet.

"Clean it up!"He screamed and Jean rushed to under the sink and he got carpet cleaner and a rag. He quickly cleaned up the blood.

Under the watchful eye of his so called father of course. Jean could tell he was waiting for Jean to mess up so he could beat the shit out of him again. He finished cleaning up the mess and he scurried away into the bathroom to clean up his wounds. He glanced up at the mirror and saw that his jaw was swollen.

How the hell am I going to explain this to the teachers?!

He thought to himself. Last time he had told a teacher or another adult what this man did to him Jean ended up with a broken arm.

He shuddered as he remembered being hit with a metal bat.

He closed his eyes and he stood there for a few seconds, not wanting to move untill he heard his father banging on the bathroom door, meaning: Get your ass out of there before I beat you

Jean quickly shut off the sink and hoped the swelling would go down before he got to school. He practically burst out of the bathroom, grabbing his book bag from the couch he raced through the door, glancing at the clock just before he left

7:45

15 minutes to get to school and think of a story about why his jaw was swollen.

He shut his eyes tightly in frustration as he ran to school. He let out a shaky breath and started to open his eyes again and suddenly slammed into something. He cried out and fell back into the snow.

He flinched and put his arms in front of his face, expecting to be slapped.

"Oh man, im so sorry! Are you okay?"

Asked a sweet voice and Jean slowly moved his arms down and peeked at the stranger.

It was a boy with dark brown hair, freckles, and to Jeans surprise he was incredibly cute.

"Hello?...", said the voice and Jean snapped out of it.

"Oh uh yeah, im fine" He mumbled and flinched again as the freckled boy held out a hand

"Im Marco" He said with a cheeky smile.

Jean hesitantly took Marcos hand and Marco lifted him up of the ground with a smile.

"Whats your name?" He asked.

Jean hesitated once more then replied with,

"My name is Jean."

Marcos cheeky grin grew wider as he stuck his hands in his sweatshirt pockets .

"Thats a wonderful name! Hey I think Ive seen you around school before"

He said and then added

"You go to Lincoln High School right?" He asked.

Jean nodded slowly and bit his lip.

He had to get to school, not listen to this guy blabber on and on.

"Hey I should really get going" He mumbled, wiping the already melting snow off of his pants.

"Oh yeah we should" Marco said.

Jean cringed when Marco said 'we'.

He honestly didn't need the stress of having a friend.

A small part of him wanted a friend.

It wanted someone to care for him.

Jean finally decided and hungrily took the option if being cared for.

Jean smiled, Jean rarely smiled but when he did it was amazing and genuine. You could see the sparkle in his eye and you could just tell that he was meant to be happy.

Not miserable.

Marco looked at Jeans smile for a second before smiling as well and he intertwined their arms as they walked down the sidewalk to school.

And they talked.

Well Marco did most of the talking but Jean didn't mind.

He thought Marcos voice was lovely.

(My first fanfiction! I hope you guys like it so far! Ill try to post at least 1-3 times a week!

~Allyssa)