Chapter Two

When Marco and Jean arrived at school they found out they had 5/7 classes together.

Jean couldn't supress the grin on his face as he sat down next to Marco in history class.

Jean fucking hated history.

That was an extremely true fact.

Jean glanced over at Marco about 20 minutes after the bell had rang and he was suprised to see Marco was already looking at him.

They both looked back at their papers, a pink blush on their cheeks.

Jean finished his paper long after Marco had and handed it in.

He had caught several people staring at his swollen jaw, he gave him a menacing glare.

Which in all honesty wasn't that scary or glare like.

When Jean got back to his seat Marco smiled at him as he sat down.

Its hard to describe Marcos smile, imagine the most cheeky smile and times that by like 5 or sonething. That pretty much summed it up.

Jean just met Marco but he knew this guy was gonna be really happy like all the time.

Which wasn't a bad thing.

Jean liked happy.

The day went on and eventually the final bell rang.

As they were walking Jean felt Marco looking at him.

Jean looked back.

"Your staring at me." He said.

Jean couldn't tell whether Marco was blushing or if it was just the cold.

Jean hoped Marco couldn't tell the difference either.

As they reached Marcos home, (a block or two closer to the school than Jeans house was) Marco stopped Jean and they stood in the snow in front of Marcos home,

"Hey Jean?" He asked

"Yeah?" Jean replied, feeling a bit nervous for some odd reason. "We're friends right?"

Jean hesitated, he seemed to do that alot with the freckled boy.

He then nodded firmly, causing slight pain in his jaw, he ignored it.

"Of course we're friends!"

He said with a laugh.

Marco grinned.

"Great." He said and kissed Jean on the cheek, it was a quick peck that would normally not be a big deal.

But for someone like Jean, a person thats been abused for a majority of their life, any kind of affection felt like heaven to them.

Jean blinked, then smiled, a blush on his cheeks.

Marco went to his front door,

"See you tommarow!" He said and went inside of his house.

Jean stood there, a big goofy grin plastered on his face.

His jaw hurt like hell.

But at this point, he didn't care.