She Gets That From You

"That's her?"
Clint practically growled, his knuckles flexing white on the creaking chair. His usually relaxed and bright eyes grew hooded, as he watched his estranged daughter from the wooden table.

Natasha could barely even comprehend what was happening. She sent her's and Clint's newborn away from them so she could have a chance at a normal life. Yet, here she was, pulling back the string of a bow and releasing the arrow like she's done it millions of times before.

"Witnesses say that she had an undeniable talent for archery. Has been nicknamed by the press, what a surprise."
Fury droned, not looking up from the file.

"Look, I have a family, I- We can't let Laura know about this, it's-"

"It's alright, Clint."

Steve cut off his frantic words, although he knew the inevitable. The girl had no family, and her last hope at having a family was... to put it lightly, impossible.
He sighed, before continuing. "Where is she now?"

"She's down in Queens."

—————————————————————

"So, this is the secret."

M.J. chuckled, feeling the black suit.

"I mean, yeah- it's not a secret-" Y/n spluttered, snatching the bow and arrow from beside her best friend. "You can't tell Peter and Ned. Seriously."

"You can count on me. Seriously." M.J. repeated back to her friend, before running her fingertips along the rough seams. "If you wanted, I could always fix this up for you?"

Y/n took a deep breath, and threw the bow and arrow aside. She knew M.J. definitely had a better chance of successfully sewing a suit than her.
"Would you?"

M.J. scrunched her nose and shrugged as she spoke, "I mean, we'll need some stuff from the school lab, but yeah - I'm totally down."

With a few blinks, Y/n sunk on to her bed.
She looked at her nonchalant friend with wide eyes. "You're not.. shocked? At all?"

"No. Well, it makes sense. Constantly disappearing, always oblivious to their alter-ego's doing." Leaning on the wall, M.J looked down at the suit. Tilting her head, she noticed the long cut in it's shoulder. "What's this?"

"What? Oh, it's nothing-"

"No more secrets. Have you been cut by a knife?"

M.J. almost yelled, before reminding herself to keep it down. Y/n grimaced, and groaned in defeat as she rolled up her sleeve. M.J. dropped the suit at the sight.

The freshly made tear on her best friend's arm sent shivers down M.J.'s spine. She practically shoved Y/n down on to the bed, and hurled herself out of the apartment's corridor.

"Where are you going?"

Y/n called, raising an eyebrow. Before Y/n could even go after her, she found herself being stitched together by M.J.

"I swear to god, L/n. You really messed up this time." The girl muttered to herself, cleaning the dried and cracked blood off of her shoulder. "If I'm going to be your kickass crime-solving friend, don't expect me to be patching every scratch you get."

"You're not getting involved. No way. If something happened, I.. I don't what I'd do without you, M.J."

This time, her voice broke. Y/n would be totally lost without her friends, and M.J. stayed silent. She continued to clean the wound, until a knock came at the door.

"Crap!", they both shot out of their seats and Y/n sharply whispered, "Quick, put the stuff in here!"

She peeled back a floorboard, and M.J. nodded whilst shoving the gear down the hole.

"It's Ned and Peter, we brought someone - if that's okay - can we come in?"

Shooting a paralysing glare at Y/n, M.J. stage whispered, "We seriously forgot."

"It's probably just Liz. You get the door, I'll clean up in here!"

Instantly diving down to cover up all traces of the floorboard, Y/n gathered her thoughts up. M.J. raced to the door, and was completely stunned to what was behind it.

"Hi, I'm Tony Stark. Just thought me and the gang could drop by and see New York's most promising kids!"