Bird-Man

The sirens wailed, and Bucky desperately tried to claw his way to the meeting room. Scratching to his chair, Steve swivelled in his chair.
"You okay?"
"I'm... I'm good," He said shakily. Loud noises weren't his strong suit. "Did you see the kid on your way?"
"No, if she was here, we would know."
"Easily irritated," Bucky shook his head, and smiled wearily. "Just like Nat."
"Exactly."
The doors swung open, and Tony swooned in to a chair.
"Barnes and Noble, what a lovely surprise." He dramatically batted his eyelashes. "Good to know someone heard the alarms."
"Were they necessary?" Steve dropped his tone instantly. "I told you, loud noises can really shake some of us."
"Sorry Cap, but when a situation is as life or death," he mocked Fury's serious tone, "as Fury is saying, we need all hands on deck."
"I'm just saying that-"
"Steve, I'm fine." Bucky cut Steve's rising words off. Unsurprisingly, Tony immediately clapped, and pointed to Bucky with an open palm. His grin stretched from ear to ear. Bucky rolled his eyes, as the rest of the Avengers entered the room.

"Hope we're not interrupting a lover's quarrel." Natasha teased, pulling a chair at the end of the table.

"Jesus Christ, do you guys ever stop?" Groaned Bruce, "It is the morning, for crying out loud."

"Well, I hope you got your beauty sleep, Banner!" Fury said, marching in behind them. "Now sit down, and listen closely."

Thor's chair creaked underneath his weight, causing Fury to wait. His eyes went vacant with annoyance. He continued. "Antarctic. Chemical X. Same thing, just as deadly. We have 4 days to bust open Fisk's labs, take this experiment, and erase all traces of it."

Clint flattened his lips, and listened out of spite. When is a mission ever just "Have a nice day!," or, "Don't shoot at each other!".

Fury disregarded the blank stares he got, and clicked on to the next slide.
"You may have heard what arrow-girl has been doing." A few disgruntled whispers circled the room. "She - nor Spider-Man - will be brought in for this mission."

"Why not?" Natasha whispered. She instinctively turned round to Clint, and caught herself just as his stare met hers. The look he gave her could melt mountains of ice. Natasha's heart fluttered, as she was thrown back to when she was young. Shaking herself off, Natasha was unaware that Clint felt the exact same way. She flashed a half-smile, and Clint looked away.

Fighting himself, he floated over her face. The smile. The deer like smile, which made him immediately dislike Y/N. Her gentle eyes, the green that saw him through many days. His lips curled before he could stop them.

If he had four days left before the potential end of the world, he wanted to spend them with her.

—————————————————————

The meeting was concluded, and Clint hung at the door frame. His hand rested on the marble above him, and with a hung head he spoke. "Remember Budapest?"
Natasha looked up, and took a few shy steps forward. "A lot happened."

Clint missed her voice. "First mission together, actually." She didn't respond, but instead took more assertive steps forward. Her eyes grew gentle once they met Clint's.
"Are we friends?"
"I miss you, Nat."
"I know." She fell in to his arms.
"Dumb kids."
"Dumb, damn kids."

He rocked backwards and forwards for a bit. Natasha's head fit perfectly in to the crook of his neck. She hummed quietly, like a songbird on a Sunday morning.
"Well, now what, Bird-Man." Natasha smiled, quickly wiping a small tear. Clint just laughed, and rubbed the back of his neck. "Training?"
"Only is you want to get your ass kicked."
"You sure about that?"
"Glad to have you back, Clint."
"You too, Nat."