2.

Jonathan gives me a small smile, showing a set of white, crooked teeth. It suits him. Every part of him just sort of fits together and I'm starting to wonder how someone could manage to have such a fitting style. Do I have a fitting style? Band shirts and shorts? Not very extraordinary. But I am not extraordinary all together so maybe it does fit.

"Thank you so much Liv. We'll all gather in a meet and greet circle in around 10 minutes. See you then!" Mandy walks off to the other grown ups.
I smile back at Jonathan. My head is loaded with questions about him but my mouth just won't let them out. I open my mouth to ask him why he's even here if he can't speak the language, but I close it again the same second, realizing it might be rude to ask that.
"Uh, so, we have to meet in 10 minutes with everyone. Over there" I point to the large sand pit across the yard.
"Everyone?" Jonathan looks worried. "I mean, all 200 kids plus the mentors?"
I feel his fear. We will have to introduce ourselves to 200 people we don't even know. Again I ask myself why I am even doing this.
"Yeah... it's not ideal, I know." He thinks for a minute.
"How do you say 'My name is Jonathan and I'm 19 years old and I can't speak german' in German?"
I laugh.
"Mein Name ist Jonathan, ich bin 19 Jahre alt und kann kein Deutsch sprechen."
Jonathans chin drops.
"Well shoot" He looks down at his feet.
His brown dreads cover his face as he awkwardly starts playing in the dirt with his shoes.
Something fascinates me about him just I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe its that I know him since like 5 minutes and I already feel like he's way different than anyone I've ever met before. But then again, first impressions can fool. Right?

The crowd gathers on the field. My palms start sweating at the thought of having to say something soon. I curse every decision I have made and how naive I am to let myself be dragged into this.
I stand awkwardly next to Jonathan. He is studying the crowd hysterically and starts playing with his hair.
Across the field I can see Anna standing between Alistair and Luke, who seem to be talking and laughing. Anna is just glaring at me from across the field, her arms crossed over her chest. After a few seconds it's starting to freak me out.
Like a gift from god, a muscular blonde guy blocks my view and places himself right in front of me.
"So I didn't quite get what that guy said, but he pointed at you and said I should go and ask for Anna? I don't speak german. I just know Bratwurst and... yeah thats about it" His deep, rough voice rings in my ears as he yells the words in my face.
"Uh... well I'm not Anna, I'm Liv, but..."
"Oh, that's too bad, she's supoosed to take care of me" the blonde boy winks at me.
I feel my face blushing. Did he just make a compliment or am I just taking this in a totally wrong way again? Don't get me wrong, that boy looks good. In fact, he'd nearly top anyone I've ever met. But looks don't say anything about a person. Even though he is pretty attractive and sort of has an appealing aura.
After what seems like hours of staring into his blue eyes I realise he's still waiting for an answer.
"Yeah, so, um, Anna is over there next to the guy in the flower shirt. The girl with the long brown hair." The boy turns to look across the yard.
"Thanks! My name is Corey by the way. Corey Taylor."
"And I'm Liv, short for Olivia" Corey smiles at me, then looks at Jonathan.
"And who are you? Quite a comfortable outfit you got there huh?"
Jonathan gives him a sarcastic smile.
"I'm Jonathan. I'm also from America, and this outfit is gold to me. So please deal with it."
"Well how nice, another american." Corey looks back at me.
"I guess I'll see you guys around then huh" and with a last smirk he turns around and heads towards the other end of the field, my eyes stuck to his muscular back.

The introduction wasn't too bad in the end. We just had to introduce ourselves in the groups we were in, so the kids we have to take care of, and since Jonathan was there, I didn't feel too alone.
The first activity we are doing with the kids is just letting them play. Jonathan and I were ordered to set up an arts and craft table, so now we are stuck here, making bracelets with one other little girl.
Jonathan is sitting across me, trying to get a bead into the string of a bracelet.
I just look at him again. Something about him catches my eye every time but I can't seem to figure out what it is. Maybe his eyes? His eyebrow piercing? It sure does suit him. Just like his tracksuit does. He seems to like adidas a lot.
He looks up at me. I quickly look back down at my bracelet.
"Nice shirt you got there." Jonathan smiles at me and nods at my Metallica shirt.
"Thanks. Do you listen to metal too?" I hope he does. I barely know any metalheads except one at my school, but she says death metal is the only true metal and everything else is shit, so I don't really talk to her.
"I sure do listen to metal. In fact, I sing for a band named Korn" Korn? Thats a cool name. In German that's the word for seed but for a band, it sounds pretty heavy. And he sings? Again something that absolutely suits him. I'd like to hear him sing.
"That's awesome! You should show me some songs of yours"
He smiles at me.
"Sure"

-----------