CHAPTER - 16 HEROES REMASTERED EXTENDED

Joshua turned around slowly. He was only half way through, but he could see the fire ball approaching, it was so bright and absolutely fierce. He could feel the heat of the fire ball. Amidst that he felt a very pleasant and soul purifying wind, and wings appeared out of nowhere, and somehow, the fireball started diminishing and finally dissolved away before it reached Joshua.

Joshua looked up to see what it was. An angel . . . it was an angel swinging in the air with all glory, on its huge white wings. Its wings were so pure white, so mesmerizing. The angel landed swiftly and very lightly on the ground on its feet. It was close enough for Joshua to note other of its attributes. It had very long hair that reached till its back and it wore a light green colored greek tunic. Its face was very pure and clear too; sweet in many sense.

As soon as it landed, the wings behind it vanished. Joshua, Crawford and Flame Doll sustained ogling at it, for a prolonged time, unable to believe the spectacle, that stood infront of them.

Snapping out of it and thinking fast, Flame Doll appealed,

"Finally you are here Aphrodi . . . please help us . . . to accomplish good deeds!!"

"Oh I know well you are lying dear," said Aphrodi casually, "please stop in the name of Zeus . . . and turn yourself in."

"Oh shut up already," she screamed, and dashed towards them, her hair pointing out at them.

Wings appeared behind Aphrodi and he dashed forward. In mid air, he joined his palms together. Pushing his hands behind, he brought them forward fast shouting,

"Heaven's light!!"

A bright lunge of light shot out from his palms. It was so strong, that when it launched Joshua got pushed back, and it was so bright that he had to cover his eyes. The lunge of light went and hit Flame Doll and she got pushed back very far, and crashed into the ground badly. Joshua walked towards her, and was terrified. The road beneath her was completely cracked. Aphrodi's power was devastating. Aphrodi landed there too, standing side to side with Joshua, deciding to take her into custody. Suddenly huge light came out from Flame Doll's hair, blinding them for a few seconds. When their vision cleared Flame Doll had already fled.

Joshua watched as Flame Doll flew out far, exhausting out a line of fire, then he looked at Aphrodi,

"Are you an angel??" asked Joshua surprised.

"A mere human, bestowed powers by the mighty Zeus," he replied, moving his silky hair, away from his eyes.

Joshua felt movements on his left, so he yelled out,

"Who's there?"

A man revealed himself, stepping aside from the wall he was hiding behind. He wore a brown cape, that covered his whole body and had his head covered by the hood of the cape.

"That's our priest," informed Aphrodi, looking at him gladly, expressing a cute smile.

The priest walked closer to them, and examined Joshua and Crawford.

"Are you heroes?" he questioned.

"Technically . . . yes," replied Crawford, stepping forward, exhibiting that he was incharge.

"Oh!" gasped the priest," so Aphrodi's destiny is coming over . . . the heroes are here to take him."

The priest took them all to the temple of Zeus. The temple followed a design used on many large Grecian temples. It was built on a raised, rectangular platform. Thirteen large columns supported the roof along the sides and six supported it on each end. A gently-peaked roof topped the building. The triangles created by the sloped roof at the ends of the building were filled with sculpture. Under the pediments, just above the columns, was more sculpture depicting the twelve labors of Heracles, six on each end of the temple. A magnificent statue of Zeus was commissioned for the interior, which was once among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.